Car got vandalized

FyrhzrdGT

I put my 1999 Cabrio that I am selling out in our businesses parking lot today before I went off to work at 450 in the NAPA parking lot on Silver Drive. At work I decided to not leave out an un-plated car and that the neighborhood sucked. I got back over there around 11. The lock had been jimmy'ed and someone destroyed the dash to get a 10 year old pioneer deck out. I also was like, hmmm I smell gas, sho 'nuff someone punctured the tank twice over two fucking gallons of gas. My Jeep sat out for a month, no damage and a lot of calls. I guess the german car was more appealing.

$20 cd player, and $4 in gas. Solid work North Linden resident.

Car now needs a dash with trim, a stereo, and a fuel tank. Just what I needed to do while trying to sell a car.

I've got a picture of the deck, I'll post it, I'm trolling craigslist.

Edit, also opinions on patching the gas tank. It is a plastic tank. A tank isn't too expensive but the is the hassle of pulling it, buying and picking up a new one and the install. Are the patches any good? Its got two 1/4" holes in it.

:p

fairly certain from my VW days that the rear axle beam has to come out in order to properly remove that tank. i have seen some patches on the top side of those tanks leak small enough to throw a check engine light for an evap leak so I would say patching a fluid leak on the bottom would not work.

Yeah Putting a tank in stinks in those but let me know if you sell it broken.

The car? Nah I bought it to flip it and I have roughly what its worth in it (cost more to fix than I thought) if I fix it I can break out of it. As is I'd lose my ass. I'm going to fix it, but I may wait until spring so I can pull every dollar out of it.

We may have CR pull a tank at my shop night lol. It sounds like a real bitch. Buckeye wants $150 for the tank, pump, and sender, they won't sell just the tank. I'm going to look for just the tank.

Apparently whoever broke in also hit some cars in the next lot over.

I've gone on a little security rampage and pad locked, safety boxed, and locked everything I own. Which I should have done in the first place.