wtf happened to dublin?

HotCarl

Just found out a couple i know was mugged outside their apartment last night around 2am. This happened just down the road from me, still inside Dublin. Fucking rediculous. I dont know all the details but apparently a guy walks up on them as theyre walking in their apt, gets 7$ from her purse and 20$ from his wallet (ballin right?) then apparently unloads a magazine into their garage door, with the bullets penetrating the walls into their kitchen and downstairs bathroom.

Seriously wtf, your going to rob someone for 27 fucking dollars?! My brother and I both live in this area, he carries his M&P 45 religiously, I dont carry nearly as much as he does but after hearing this and finding out apt's in our area have been robbed alot recently i'll definitly carry more often now.

Crime goes outside the hood. In fact, I expect it as much on my street as I do on Morse Rd. as crooks are going to come to where the good are at.

On a more serious note, it's the apartments and rental units. With the economy sucking ass, lots of places offer reduced or HUD rent and it does nothing for the area around them but bring in the low life's.

If Dublin lowered thier property taxes but jacked their income tax rate, it might be a wash for home owners like me but would keep out the lower income folks as they would factor that into their choice when living in the area. As it stands the property tax hit is spread too thin among renters.

FWIW, my sister lives in in the same town house we bought together and owned back in the late 80's along Hard Rd. Crime there has gone up, but I do remember back in the day a few rapes and murders right there. She has a black Germain Sheppard but still has her CCW with her. She was a victim of a robbery once and thus always has one hand on it in her fanny pack/purse with the other on her dog leash.

I don't understand the point of why the guy shot into their garage door...

I honestly dont know the whole story. What i think happened was that they gave him their money and maybe ran inside so he got pissed and started shooting as he ran away.

The police found her purse on the side of 270 so they probably came from a different side of town, as they were rumaging through her purse they window after they got a whopping 7$. Shitty part is, this couple just got their marriage license saturday so she had her social security card AND birth certificate in her purse when it was stolen.

I know dublin has always had some crime but robbery at gun point is alot different than your cars cd player being stolen as your sleeping etc...

Crime goes outside the hood. In fact, I expect it as much on my street as I do on Morse Rd. as crooks are going to come to where the good are at.

On a more serious note, it's the apartments and rental units. With the economy sucking ass, lots of places offer reduced or HUD rent and it does nothing for the area around them but bring in the low life's.

If Dublin lowered thier property taxes but jacked their income tax rate, it might be a wash for home owners like me but would keep out the lower income folks as they would factor that into their choice when living in the area. As it stands the property tax hit is spread too thin among renters.

FWIW, my sister lives in in the same town house we bought together and owned back in the late 80's along Hard Rd. Crime there has gone up, but I do remember back in the day a few rapes and murders right there. She has a black Germain Sheppard but still has her CCW with her. She was a victim of a robbery once and thus always has one hand on it in her fanny pack/purse with the other on her dog leash.

This is key. I am a firm believer in this.

Living near Cleveland and Morse stories like this scare the shit out of me. ALL of the homeowners on my street are stand up people, but there are 4 rental properties on my street... 2 are vacant and uncared for and the other 2 are occupied by scum. I don't have any kind of home protection other than enough lights around my house to probably be seen from outer space on from dusk till dawn.

Yeah, Dublin is kinda sketchy. My car got broken into at my dad's (right up against Muirfield) without a mark or scratch (99' VW) and my sister came out of the house just as the perp was sifting through a CD book. They just dumped them all and took off into the woods. The Dublin PD said they probably had a "key catcher" or something that receives the wireless signal and stores it. Hmm... I've never been armed at gunpoint in Dublin though.

I honestly dont know the whole story. What i think happened was that they gave him their money and maybe ran inside so he got pissed and started shooting as he ran away.

The police found her purse on the side of 270 so they probably came from a different side of town, as they were rumaging through her purse they window after they got a whopping 7$. Shitty part is, this couple just got their marriage license saturday so she had her social security card AND birth certificate in her purse when it was stolen.

I know dublin has always had some crime but robbery at gun point is alot different than your cars cd player being stolen as your sleeping etc...

How about stabbing murders and the like? That kinda stuff was happening when I was in school in dublin. Hell I remember a few stabbing deaths in 96 or 97 along with a string of armed robberies but that shit got kept so low key it was pathetic.

Dublin is not immune dude.

Living near Cleveland and Morse stories like this scare the shit out of me. ALL of the homeowners on my street are stand up people, but there are 4 rental properties on my street... 2 are vacant and uncared for and the other 2 are occupied by scum. I don't have any kind of home protection other than enough lights around my house to probably be seen from outer space on from dusk till dawn.

I feel you on that. That's why I stay strapped.

You can't tax welfare checks and drug money........

You can't tax welfare checks and drug money........

No but folks on welfare aren't the issue. It's the low dollar hourly people that live 5 to a unit that shouldn't be here. The owners of said units would feel the pain more too and thus raise their rent.

How about stabbing murders and the like? That kinda stuff was happening when I was in school in dublin. Hell I remember a few stabbing deaths in 96 or 97 along with a string of armed robberies but that shit got kept so low key it was pathetic.

Dublin is not immune dude.

Oh no dont get me wrong im not living in some sort of fairy land where dublin is full of lepraucahn's and sugar plum fairies i understand crime happens its just the severity of the crime which concern's me. Now that i think about it i have a friends who's sister was almost stabbed to death in Muirfield if i remember correctly. He and i arent really good friends, more good aquaintence's but still.

No but folks on welfare aren't the issue. It's the low dollar hourly people that live 5 to a unit that shouldn't be here. The owners of said units would feel the pain more too and thus raise their rent.

I see your point but taxing the hell out of those types dont really repel them. I'll try and say this as nicely as possible, the type of people your refering too may not even know that moving to a different suburb would effect their tax's and/or pay on a regular basis. And if they do they probably wont care about losing the 20$ per week b/c of dublin's higher taxes.

Oh no dont get me wrong im not living in some sort of fairy land where dublin is full of lepraucahn's and sugar plum fairies i understand crime happens its just the severity of the crime which concern's me. Now that i think about it i have a friends who's sister was almost stabbed to death in Muirfield if i remember correctly. He and i arent really good friends, more good aquaintence's but still.

I use to live in muirfield back in highschool off glick road, I remember alot of the homes getting robbed at gun point because of hydroponic grow operations some of the houses had going on. Few people on on here remember sitting in my back yard on a nice summer night , and watching police run around the golf area getting ready to raid the house. Whats you're friends name?

If I'm going to rob someone, it sure as hell wouldn't be some poor person's house in the hood. They don't have nice things or anything of value really, plus they most likely are armed. I'm hitting up Powell and Dublin where people leave their doors unlocked, have valuable things and don't believe in guns because it doesn't make for a good environment to bring up kids in.

But then again, people who commit these types of crimes are pretty retarded.