**Old threaD** Flag football... meeting Sunday 10/10/10 3pm in Dublin

V8 Beast

We still have spots open if you are interested. We have until 10/31 to pay the $750, get a sponsor, and figure out positions.

First meeting is Sunday 3pm at the Dublin Coffman practice field.

We'll meet up at the Bob Evans on Post Rd at 2:45 -3pm (across from Mag and the Toy barn) and drive over from there.

Its suppose to be 79 degrees woohoo!

Team

Iceman

Adrian (armyofdarkness aka forest)

Brandon (BC Jizzle Juice)

Phil

Big Steve

Duff

Chris (Super GTP)

Keith (Big Cheif201)

Dave (brrcats)

Me (Myself)

Greg/Gabe possibles

5 people on the field at a time. Having this many gives us room if people are unable to make it. it also allows us to go hard every play and have fresh legs when ever we need them. We are equally paying so everyone gets equal time (unless they choose to sit out).

As of now its $58 per person. I'll stop by Sports Ohio on my way home and get the forms and waivers before Sunday. If you havnt paid for your spot by the 25th of October we will start recruiting new members.

Sports Ohio site

http://www.fieldsports.org/adult_flag_football.html

Rules: Be sure to read them....

http://www.fieldsports.org/docs/Football/Rules/Indoor%20FF%20Rules%20%20updated%202-8-10.pdf

Edited by V8 Beast

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone here done it before? Is anyone that can play in the competitive division interested? Is there any interest in sponsoring a team?

I play hockey up there regularly and just found out they had flag football leagues. From what ive heard from guys who play its no joke. Some guys take it way too far and tie off their flags so they're almost impossible to tear off making you tackle at the waste. Id love to try it sometimes but it depends my work/school schedule is pretty stacked. Keep us posted if you need someone to sub in id love to try it out.

I'm in. I played in a league last year. Let's try and make a team.

If you are playing that would give us 8 so far. I'm going to set up a meeting on the 17th to practice, sign forms, and get money. I want to have like 12 people so we still need 4 more.

IceMan

Brandon C (Jizzle)

Brandons friend

Zach

Big Steve

My cousin (not on here)

Forrest (yup the nickname is sticking lol)

Myself

Trying to get Duff to play as well.

Are there different leagues? like Novice/intermediate/competitive? if so what are you thinking of entering?

Over 30, competitive, and intermediate. I can play in all 3 :lol:. I want to meet up and practice before I make that decision. Over 30 is probably not an option....

id play but im fat. hit me up if you need a linemen. lol

Good luck. There is no use for line men in flag football. I got cleat raped when I played.

Flag football is about speed, hands, and breaking "tackles" (see hacking at arms as the reach for your waist).

Those guys do get intense. It's fun, but not for fatties.

Good luck. There is no use for line men in flag football. I got cleat raped when I played.

Flag football is about speed, hands, and breaking "tackles" (see hacking at arms as the reach for your waist).

Those guys do get intense. It's fun, but not for fatties.

:thumbdown

I played in a league a few yrs back, it was fun. It's very fast pace like some said it's about speed, and hands. Guys do get intense and act like they're a pro or some shit. Had a guy get pretty physical with me in a game until i put him on his ass.

All in all its a fun time.

I'm down for this, I've been organizing an adult team for the past couple years in cincinnati and a UC rec team for a few years before that, but moved up here a few months ago and havent figured out where to play yet. This seems like a perfect opportunity.

I'm assuming this is interest in a mens team, and not a coed team?

When does the league start? Any link to official rules? Is this at the sports ohio in dublin?