100,000 feet in the air

CHERRY

so far i am only 75 bucks in lol still gotta get the balloon and helium but that will be once i figure out how heavy it will be, might change the design and also use one or two of those key fob cameras posted a week or so ago..super light and compact

Me too! I posted that in the stills thread I started.

What I want to know is what exactly these people are using for GPS tracking?

awesome!! we should compare ideas i have a few links of what GPS units people have used all from a cheap boost mobile cell phone to a gps tracking unit (which is what i shall use) to an iphone. I will more then likely have one camera for stills and if i can figure out how to manage it one good quality video camera mounted on the side and perhaps one mounted looking straight down. It will also have some LED's on the outside that blink so it can be found slightly easier and will be kept warm with hand warmers and have a Lithium ion battery to power it all. I can get helium from work cheap as we have a corporate contract and a huge tank lol. Just gotta come up with a lightweight container for all of it, been designing things in CAD lol

Me too! I posted that in the stills thread I started.

What I want to know is what exactly these people are using for GPS tracking?

It said a cell phone... looked like a iPhone to me :confused:

Pretty awesome stuff. Sucks the batteries died 2 mins from landing... i really wanted to see that part lol