What's a modded car worth?

Cordell

I know, the first time was hard to do my own labor when I was deployed hence the $20K bill from Precision. The other misc. stuff here and there was nothing I wanted to tangle with. Then the motor/rearend/tranny I just did not want to fuck with as, myself and some friends had weeks before swapped the IRS and did a clutch all on jack stands in a garage and I did not want to do that again. Maybe if I decide to do another car it'll come from the factory with enough power to be suffice on the street and do basic bolt ons I can perform in my garage.

Oh, I agree completely. Unless you own your own shop and are able to fabricate some parts, your car would be hard to do on your own. I was mainly just saying that sometimes you dont lose alot of money on modded cars.

as others have stated, the car is worth minimally more than an unmodded car. your best asset to expedite the sale of this car is the low mileage on the body---i would stress that. of course, a well-built motor, and car that has EVERYTHING functioning on it that is supposed to will go a long way towards selling it. comments like "car runs fine but has a weird vibration", or "car just needs to be tuned", or "motor just needs new plugs/fuel injectors/fuel pump/etc"-----all these comments just scream the fact that the car has major problems (hence raising an immediate red flag) to a potential buyer.

selling the car with everything functioning properly, and a good tune will get you top dollar.

as far as modding cars---yeah, it doesn't pay off. its fun up until the point you start breaking shit, and making the car undriveable. i made my '87 GT very unpleasant to drive, and it wasn't even that fast---so i sold it. i'm fighting the urge to do tons more to my '04 cobra, as i want an easy 10 second car that is 100% streetable, without removing weight from it.

my recommendation to anyone sick of modded cars and breaking shit, is to simply buy a car with enough power to have some fun with, and do minimal mods---catback, intake, and a tune---nothing more as far as power goes. that's my GTO---if it had 4 doors for my 3 kids, it would be perfect. once you have to start worrying about your car not starting, overheating, stalling at a light, spinning out in the rain, or being too loud for the cops or your neighbors when you come home at 2am---its just not worth it--unless you have a separate dedicated race car for times when you want that.

I've not looked specifically at your link here, but IMO, less than a stock non-modded car. That is unless and holds true no matter what, if you can find someone who will pay more for something that's been modified. If built right, documented, in working order, ect...you might get marginally more than a stock condition vehicle. I laugh when folks advertise a stock $18k car for $35k because they "modified it" Better have some seriously done right mods and documentation to truly be worth that much. Again, not referencing anything you may have linked to.

I personally wouldn't buy a modded car unless I knew the person or the mods were tasteful and minor. Otherwise, you're more often than not buying something that's potentially a ticking time bomb, been driven hard or someone else s headaches.