Mustang drivers...

2 Sweet

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why they get such crap. Yes, stock they make 180ishwhp. HOWEVER, a set of junk yard 4.6 heads, intake, catback and mid pipe you'll make 260(ish)whp. My 5-spd 98 vert, 3550lb, went 13.30's on a 2.0 60'. I had less then $1300 in the swap and exhaust and made 264whp and 306tq. Stock dyno'd at 186whp and 287wtq(no intake bladder).

Hell, since then the car got lakewood shocks and struts and eibach springs. Car cuts 1.6x's with it's current suspension. I'd bet it'd run 12.90's n/a.

I have slips to prove it too. Not fast buy any means, but impressive for a budget build.

I don't understand why they get such crap. Yes, stock they make 180ishwhp. HOWEVER, a set of junk yard 4.6 heads, intake, catback and mid pipe you'll make 260(ish)whp. My 5-spd 98 vert, 3550lb, went 13.30's on a 2.0 60'. I had less then $1300 in the swap and exhaust and made 264whp and 306tq. Stock dyno'd at 186whp and 287wtq(no intake bladder).

Hell, since then the car got lakewood shocks and struts and eibach springs. Car cuts 1.6x's with it's current suspension. I'd bet it'd run 12.90's n/a.

I have slips to prove it too. Not fast buy any means, but impressive for a budget build.

They get all of the crap because stock they don't make any power. With the PI swap they do fine, but that's not stock. There are plenty of them with the swap that run alright. A friend of mine ran 12.48@109 with the PI swap and stage 1 cams. That was N/A. I think he went 11.38 with a 125 shot.