what air filter?

kawi kid

need to get a new air filter and was looking for some suggestions. i dont plan on getting an exhaust or doing any tuning. so should i just stick with an oem or should i spring and get a k&n just to save myself the money the next time and just clean it?

thanks.

If the Kaw filters are still foam, they dyno'd better than K&N for us. Of course, that's a long time ago...

If you are thinking of a filter like K&N, the BMC is a better choice. But, again, OEM ain't bad, man.

im leaning towards just sticking to oem just cuz i finding them around thirty to thirty five bucks.

here is a pic of the old filter....

0306091354.jpg

I recently switched from K&N to an Amsoil equivalent. Amsoil filter has the same million mile warranty, but you can just used compressed air to blow it out rather than having to soak it and oil it. No oiling!

Yes, even with "just a slip-on", you can find power and tune it to optimal performance with a PC, Bazaaz, etc. A good dyno guy like Ninjanick knows will find it easily.

You cannot nor will not feel small HP gains, but understand something - it isn't so much about HP gains, but smoothing it out and getting it to be as good as it can be through the rev range. It may only net a couple of HP, but that can make it drive better out of a corner for example to the point you can ride it faster...

It's simply a tool to use to make these better. small gains on a machine that weighs around 400 pounds is something that is worth a few hundred bucks...

Nick-

Can you get the new PC V for your 14? From the sounds of it, that's going to be the ticket from here on out...

Nick-

Can you get the new PC V for your 14? From the sounds of it, that's going to be the ticket from here on out...

I think so far it's just for the 2009 for my particular bike. I can't find it for an '08 anywhere.

Do you have any idea why it's only for the new bikes Lizard? What's up with that?:confused: