NTB people question

Crossle

It sounds like you did not deal w/ Derek Downtown.

:confused:

I have NEVER had an issue there, and recommend them to EVERYONE!

:thumbup:

KillJoy

But why is it that service is different across the board depending on which location you go to? If downtown is inconvenient for me I should be able to get the same service at ANY NTB no matter who works there. Think about it, you don't recommend NTB yo recommend Derek because he can cut you a deal and you know that your car will be treated differently because your "in".

If Derek was such a great salesperson/manager he would MATURELY contact me to say: Hey, let me take care of you for your next tire purchases. I will give you a reason to drive the extra 15mins to always come to my location.

Instead, I get some a-hole remark. Great opportunity lost.

..ok.. excuse my sarcasm..im jut still butt hurt since your ss spanked my demodded mach1. This is serious bidness...

Contact the store manager at the bottom of your reciept and ask for a refund

But why is it that service is different across the board depending on which location you go to? If downtown is inconvenient for me I should be able to get the same service at ANY NTB no matter who works there. Think about it, you don't recommend NTB yo recommend Derek because he can cut you a deal and you know that your car will be treated differently because your "in".

I bust my ass 55+ hrs a week making sure every person that comes through my shop gets quality service..does everyone? no. Stuff happens when you touch 500 vehicles a month...

Secondly there is no "in" at my store.. you mention Cr or someone i know off of here and yeah the discount is better than Joe shmoe

Some sales people could give a rat ass about anyone, it sucks and I know they should not be that way. Just like anywhere you go there are good people and bad people. I do what it says on the work order and in are inspections if I see somthing that should not be that way I suggest it fix. Tpms rebuilds are on the sales people.

Edited by Boosted_ACE

But why is it that service is different across the board depending on which location you go to?

That is how the world works. I will sell something cheaper to a friend then I will to some random douchebag who tries to lowball me on something.

If you havent figured that out by now you need to get a few more friends.

But why is it that service is different across the board depending on which location you go to?

Are you serious? Have you ever purchased ANYTHING ANYWHERE?

I never once said I recommend NTB. I RECOMMEND DEREK @ NTB DOWNTOWN.

Go elsewhere, and well..... you didn't got to DEREK @ NTB DOWNTOWN, so... don't bitch if you were not treated like you expected to be.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

I should be able to get the same service at ANY NTB no matter who works there. Think about it, you don't recommend NTB yo recommend Derek because he can cut you a deal and you know that your car will be treated differently because your "in".

You're right you should be able to go anywhere and get the same service. However, if you go to Derek downtown, you'll get Better service. You proved that as have many others.

Now in a perfect world you should be able to get great service anywhere. However, the world is far from perfect, thus why recommendations on locations for just about anything in franchise format work best. Personally, I go with who it is I know, not the name of the franchise. I've had work done on several different cars from people right here on CR and all have come out very nicely done at more than fair prices. Ask me Thursday and I'll show you a minivan with new brakes and a cooling system flush. I'm confident it will be done right and confident if there are any issues, it will be made right.

I bust my ass 55+ hrs a week making sure every person that comes through my shop gets quality service..does everyone? no. Stuff happens when you touch 500 vehicles a month...

Secondly there is no "in" at my store.. you mention Cr or someone i know off of here and yeah the discount is better than Joe shmoe

I am not busting your store, YOUR quality of work, or the amount of time you put into your work, I was just making a comment about chain retail. I wasn't going to, but that's where the thread went. I don't live in a closet, I go to stores and buy my parts based on who I know and who I like to deal with all the time.

This is in regards to all the people above that are trying to go after me about not being aware of this fact believe me, I know. Those that are replying are people I do not know personally at all and to be honest I should have expected that sort of reply because they are assuming and happen to be incorrect that's all.

My question has been answered on page 1 verifying what I thought. Thanks.

If you come to discount tire its the same across the board, Period`.

I treat everyone the same.

My friends get at me all the time for service and tires. I am grateful for the place I work and always make sure I extend that to everyone I know.

We will beat any ones price on tires in town hands down that goes for every DTC in town, Dont believe me try it.

However we dont play when it comes to mixing speed ratings and tire sizes. we are the best due to our standards. We replace TPMS every time to save our ass and to save the cust from replacing TPMS sensors cause they dont understand why not to put chrome steel caps on them then seize or run them all winter without caps and we cant get the air out or break the core.

Id rather pay a couple bucks and not worry about my air in my tires then gambling.

DTC is the largest independent tire dealer in the USA and we are cause of our ability to do our job professionally and with standards that the competition cannot reach.

Derrick no pun intended. I heart you. Shit Ive take my car to you.

Threads like this are the reason we bought our own mounter and balancer, if there is an issue the only person to blame is yourself.

Where did you buy your machines? I worked at discount tire and wish I could do my tires myself.

DTC is the largest independent tire dealer in the USA and we are cause of our ability to do our job professionally and with standards that the competition cannot reach.

Derrick no pun intended. I heart you. Shit Ive take my car to you.

NTB and DTC are always back and forth with the most stores across the country, but DTC kills us in sales volume.. If you guys would do alignments your tire volume would drop(idiots not wearing out tires with no alignments) but your profit would skyrocket. ps i heart your vdub... i already gotz 1 racecar.