Top Gear American edition

Gergwheel1647545492

These guys are just....flat....they try to hard

Right on. Even though I know most of the bits and whatnot are setup on the UK show as well, it all feels so forced, and trite in the US show, and seems more natural and fun in the UK. Maybe it's their dry, and sophisticated English wit, but whatever.

Tanner is informative if a little boring, but he is way better than the other two, they just suck.

I saw the preview and was like "oh god it's going to be awful". I dont think anybody is going to out-do what Clarkson,Hammond and May have going on. I think I read somewhere that Jay Leno was going to host it, but then he went back to NBC...Leno could have done it right.

It's not too bad honestly. I like the bearded dude. He's pretty funny. Adam Ferrara isn't as funny as he normally is. Tanner is okay, seems like he's kind of full of himself and not in a good way.

Keep watching it and supporting it, even if it sucks in the beginning. It will get better, just like every other television show has.

Someone sell me on whats so good about the UK version. I just dont get it and dont see a difference between eitehr show. I understand the UK may be better but neither one seems interesting.

If you dont get it, then you wont get it. Im not trying to be a smartass here, but seriously, it really is a good show.

Season 12-15 to me have been the best, by far.

The videography is beautiful, Jeremy Clarkson has presence, and is well spoken.

THe humor is campy, but the episodes are intriguing and beautiful.

Someone sell me on whats so good about the UK version. I just dont get it and dont see a difference between eitehr show. I understand the UK may be better but neither one seems interesting.

The UK version has class. Clarkson,Hammond and May are all very well spoken individuals (there britts..duh) that have a reputation in the automotive industry (at least as far as Clarkson). The humor is top-notch, even though Clarkson over-does it when bashing "our" cars.

As damreds noted the videography/Cinematography is also top-notch. Not to mention the producers are exceptionally intelligent.

One of my favorite episodes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsH2kQz6LAk

"very popular with murders these cars" LOL

(Mr. "stict diet" would like this episode)

the 2nd one was definitely better than the first...i actually laughed during it whereas the first one, i didn't crack a smile...i just hope it keeps getting better with each episode...i still can't stand tanner, but hopefully the other guys just keep making fun of him :)

I dont get the fascination with it either, I find it to be boring.

Adam Ferrera dominated the clutch on that 370Z. Half of the footage you hear him slipping it out for the entirety of first gear then shifting into second. The show even demonstrated that he can be outdriven by A BLIND MAN.

i don t think that s a bad thing at all

he's still a better host (presenting skills) than Tanner Foust............ Tanner's driving skills are a direct counterpart to his hosting skills....he's just dry and boring....especially when he narrates the hot laps

It's not a BAD show, it's just not the original. The hosts aren't that great, but I think they need some time to develop their own character. The show lacks witty remarks.

Say no to American Top Gear facebook page, lol

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=282681245570&topic=15892&post=74801