Air Mattress, which one is the good ones?

Berto

So I use air matresses a fair bit. Whether it be guests at the house, camping, or in the back of my truck for a drive-in movie.

I had my fair share of 'Ozark' Brand (ie Walmart) that by the end of the night my butt is on the floor. Old lady doesn't complain because A) I'm heavier so she is up in the air. B) since I'm the lowest point in the mattress everything, including her rolls over me.

Then I said, ok i'm going to buy a 'coleman', i've had pretty good luck with their stuff. Same deal.

Stayed at her parent's house over TG and they rock the 'Aerobed' mattresses, which are pretty expensive, but that thing held solid for a good 3 nights before it needed air. All the reviews I read on them though were pretty negative. Sounds like Aerobed started out making a good product and they cheaped out as time went by. Half the time reviews can be misleading, or its just people complaining about dumb stuff.

Any luck out there? does the leak free air mattress really exist?

Aerobed but you pretty much need a 110 outlet to blow them up which may be issue when camping. I have one of the ones that is 18" high and its awesome to sleep on....even holds up to sexy time pretty well.

Costco has them right now for $115 or $120 which isn't bad really for a SOLID air mattress that inflates/deflates itself.

Mine is about two years old and is used here n there probably been used around 20ish times now and never had an issue.

Aerobed but you pretty much need a 110 outlet to blow them up which may be issue when camping. I have one of the ones that is 18" high and its awesome to sleep on....even holds up to sexy time pretty well.

Costco has them right now for $115 or $120 which isn't bad really for a SOLID air mattress that inflates/deflates itself.

Mine is about two years old and is used here n there probably been used around 20ish times now and never had an issue.

A/C power isn't a big deal. I haul a deep cycle car battery with an inverter so I can plug in my CPAP machine.

I heard the new Aerobeds aren't as good. sounds like you got lucky. How many days will it go without filling up?

I've used it for 4 days before with myself and the then g/f on it and never filled it....definitely not like the cheaper ones that need blown back up daily.

I have not bought one in two years but I don't see how it would be any worse they use pretty thick vinyl and the motor is sealed pretty well.

I have a coleman one that I have had for probably 9 years. It normally makes it through a weekend of camping with only the original fill up of air. It is just a little low after the first night, but I normally don't bother to top it back up. If I stay longer than that or had a rough day hiking, I will top it off before going to bed the 2nd night.

I've had an aerobed, but I no longer use it because it can't make it thru the night without me ending up just sleeping on the floor basically. It lasted thru a good 2 years of regular use, but after that it now has a slow leak that I can't find nor seal (I think it's leaking around the motor that auto-fills it) pretty much rendering it useless.

I used to use air mattresses, but I've moved on to what are called bedchairs or lounge-cots. They are very comfortable and easy to set up, nothing like cots you normally think about.

I do a lot of camping/overnight fishing trips, and I got tired of inflating and de-flating an air mattress, and always blowing my lungs out or packing an air pump with me.

If it's not urgent, I would suggest waiting on the cabelas model HERE, if its something you would consider. It's particularly sturdy and comes with it's own zip-up cover.

Another advantage of these things is that you can tilt the back portion up from flat, so that it's like chair/lounger of sorts. Pretty neat things.

Well even a Sleep Number bed is going to do this over time. We dropped the company across the whole company of over 500 stores. To me the guy that sales beds an air mattress is only time before it starts to leak. Try to keep around some patches to keep any leaks down to a min, but you will always will have some leak no matter the cost of the bed.