2 positions, Mechanical Engineer and High level Drafter

Guest GMoney

I have 2 positions I need to fill. Both temp to hire, both permanent positions, and both full benefits. The location is on the north east side of Columbus, near Westerville. You will be working directly for me. Sorry!

First up is an entry level Drafter. Must have some type of Associates degree in applicable field and experience in AutoCAD and Solidworks. Pay is 30-35K per year.

Second position is a entry level Mechanical Engineer. Must have BSME degree and experience in AutoCAD and Solidworks. Pay is 45-50K per year.

The company is a long standing company of 30+ years and manufactures industrial equipment. PM me for contact info I you feel you or know someone that may be a good fit or would like more info.

Avure Technologies Inc., headquartered in Kent, WA is the recognized global leader in high pressure technology with engineering and manufacturing facilities in Vasteras, Sweden, Columbus, Ohio and supports several more offices across the globe. Our growth has created a unique opportunity for a Design Engineer to join our Columbus team. If you are skillful, self motivated and looking to work with an industry leader, we want to hear from you!

The Design Engineer will be responsible for drafting and designing product layouts based on the needs of our customers while maintaining the lowest cost possible.

The Design Engineer will:

• Complete design layouts in CAD, using a PDM system

• Perform quality checks of incoming parts

• Possess an Associate’s Degree in drafting or related discipline

• Have expert knowledge in AutoCAD, Solid Works, and NX

• Be a self-starter, with proven ability to meet established timelines and goals

• Be action oriented and comfortable in a fast paced environment

How to apply:

Applications are being accepted using our online application only. To apply online go to http://www.hrpmsi.com/jobs/avude.htm

Avure Technologies Inc., headquartered in Kent, WA is the recognized global leader in high pressure technology with engineering and manufacturing facilities in Vasteras, Sweden, Columbus, Ohio and supports several more offices across the globe. Our growth has created a unique opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to join our Columbus team. If you are skillful, self motivated and looking to work with an industry leader, we want to hear from you!

The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for developing mechanical designs to meet customer needs, while ensuring the lowest possible cost. The Mechanical Engineer will also be responsible for re-using existing designs, trouble shooting related issues in the supply chain, the factory and in the field.

Responsibilities:

• Responsible for parts being dimensioned, engineered, specified, programmed and documented according to project framework.

• Design general arrangements, flow systems, and other miscellaneous systems

• Ensure designs are accurate, safe, cost effective, reliable, easy to assemble and service for customers.

• Ensure that the products produced possess necessary safety and security and fulfill applicable norms and directives

• Manage existing designs and avoid duplication.

• Utilize standards and proven engineering solutions

• Develop design specifications for new applications.

• Complete CE documentation as needed for European shipments.

Requirements:

• BS in Mechanical Engineering

• 2 years experience working with AutoCAD, Solid Works, and NX

• 2 years experience developing mechanical designs

• Candidate must be a self-starter, with proven ability to meet established timelines and goals

• Action oriented, comfortable in a fast paced environment

• PE Certification is highly desirable

How to apply:

Applications are being accepted using our online application only. To apply online go to http://www.hrpmsi.com/jobs/avume.htm

• 2 weeks later...
I was thinking that too - BSME + 2 years experience in that field for 40-50k...ouch.

he said 45-50, not 40-50...

but in this job market? a lot of people out of work are willing to work for a bit less just to have a job...just like its a buyers market for houses, its an employers market for workers. they can be picky and offer less and get the same talent that may have cost them a bit more a few years ago...

the guy that just posted about 24.93/hr, that comes up to under 52k/yr...not much more

you guys might feel the pay is low for the job, but when i read this thread i see a couple things.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88092

a guy taking a week off of work, during the holidays to work on his TBSS, and a BMW. I guess what i am getting at is, if you stay for a while, and do work, you might have a chance at moving up. just saying...

tom

you guys might feel the pay is low for the job, but when i read this thread i see a couple things.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88092

a guy taking a week off of work, during the holidays to work on his TBSS, and a BMW. I guess what i am getting at is, if you stay for a while, and do work, you might have a chance at moving up. just saying...

tom

You mean i cant start out making 50k a year..... Oh well... :bs:

PE requires several years experience, can't be "entry level" if entry level is zero years experience, but he notes "desirable" meaning they know it's not a given. It would be something to ask them to clarify. That being said, it's not an employees market right now... that's for sure! So first, an employer can always post a job position asking for the world, they have nothing to lose. And second, the economy now is ripe for them to do it!

Besides, companies around here run the gamut... manufacturing, small businesses, low tech businesses, industrial businesses... they're all going to be on the lower end of engineering pay. Let's face it, designing piping, deciding where to drill holes, or "MacGyvering" the production line to keep it running just isn't where the money's at.

If you want a higher paid engineering job you're going to have to be in higher tech stuff, technical sales, engineering management, something like that. A lot of that isn't in Ohio, but some is if you stayed with a company for a while. An ME being hired for Autocad type stuff isn't going to be a top paid job - that's what drafting positions are for... the engineer would work some on the design, then hand it off to a drafter, particularly the more valuable (ahem... "higher paid") the engineer becomes...

Just sharing some thoughts from a six year mechanical engineer's perspective... whether you can start out making more than $50k as a new engineering grad depends on what your GPA was, what flavor of engineering you were in, and what industry you're going in to.

For example, if you're a civil eng with a 2.8 and looking for civil duty.. good luck. If you were an EE with a 3.8 and are going into the tech industry, you'll need a lot less luck. :)

• 3 weeks later...

A friend doesn't graduate until this May w/ her mechanical engineering degree and she's already got as one for $68k salary + $5k moving expense bonus + $2500 sign on bonus. Paid vaca and benefits as well. No prior experience either.

Just saying...I agree with above posters.

A friend doesn't graduate until this May w/ her mechanical engineering degree and she's already got as one for $68k salary + $5k moving expense bonus + $2500 sign on bonus. Paid vaca and benefits as well. No prior experience either.

Just saying...I agree with above posters.

Thats fine. I have a landslide of resumes im not out of the ball park for Columbus, Ohio. Where is she moving to?

Thats fine. I have a landslide of resumes im not out of the ball park for Columbus, Ohio.

Exactly. There's a lot more to take into account than just the pay number. Cost of living, job alignment in terms of person and the company goals, intelligent and qualified managers, etc etc. $68k in California or NY or a bunch of other places wouldn't be SHIT compared to $50k here....

We all want to make a bunch of money, but I've visited probably a hundred companies around Ohio and no amount of money would make me happy at a lot of them if you have to be there 40 hours a week.

Want to make sure my post wasn't misinterpreted. To you new college grads.. explore many opportunities, don't put pay blinders on before you even graduate. Some states don't have income tax for example, some companies may provide a phone and internet service, if you travel maybe a car allowance, perhaps prepaid legal.... there's just so much more than that base number to look at.

Plus, no matter what you get paid starting out as soon as you buy a house you're going to be broke anyway :p