Snow Blower...why didn't I buy one sooner?!

Nitrousbird

Finally got to break the snow blower out. Last year, I spent a good 1-2 back breaking hours shoveling, either the snow or the drifting snow. I was hating life.

Bought a 24" Troy-Built 2-stage on a Labor Day sale, and finally broke it out today. DAMN, life is so easy with that thing. Made short work of the snow at about 1/10th the time it would have taken me to shovel. I do need to buy a ski mask, as that shit blows all in your face.

I'm never going back to a shovel again! Did my 17x90' driveway + another 20' into our court, sidewalk to the front door, and our 18x35 back patio (all measurements courtsey of Google Earth...the lazy tape measure). Hopefully I did enough of the court so the A-hole snow plow driver doesn't plow us in like he usually does.

Then I should have a shit load of it . I have a 200 ft gravel drive that a snow blower can not be used on. I keep telling my self every year that Im going to buy a quad and put a plow on it but just can not justify spending that much on something that will sit in a garage all year waiting on a snow storm.

You can use a snow blower on gravel but its a bitch when you hit a low area and it throws you off track and starts throwing gravel. My 4x4 truck goes thru just about anything now that I got some new tires so I really don't worry to much about it. I get huge drifts along my whole property becuase of the open fields around me. Last year I had some 3 foot drifts now that was pretty bad.