Planning trip to Florida, need some help

DaddyBuiltRacing

Well me and the wife are planning our first vacation. We are going to Florida for a week. We are planning on going to the following cities and areas for sure, Daytona, Orlando, Sarasota and The Keys. I have been looking online for about 20mins for things to do while there. I know the obvious such as see the ocean, see the gulf of mexico. Just wondering if anyone with expierence in Florida knows of other things to do, we are open to pretty much anything from sight seeing to shopping to whatever.

March is the time to visit Flordia....Ohhh how I miss those days. Starting in May things just get WAY to hot/humid.

Not sure how your getting down to the keys (im guessing your going to take 75 through Alligator alley) - if so stop over in Naples for some of the best dining/shopping/lifestyle in Fl. Period.(be prepared to spend some $$$$). Not sure if your into fishing but the month of June can be phenomenal for any number of species...Especially sharks. The feeling of hooking into a 180lb+ Bull shark (or a 400lb Goliath Grouper) is akin to running a Zr1 wide open - it's a blast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_it62G0QnA

I always enjoy Reddington beach area, its between St Petersburg and Clearwater. I also highly recommend Caladesi Island http://www.beachhunter.net/caladesi.htm

The Keys are nice but its all tourists, old people and gays!

Daytona is only a popular place when its bikeweek, nascar race or spring break

must go to walt's for seafood when you're in sarasota. tampa is a great place to visit, and should be on your list. not much to do in orlando unless you're doing disney or sea world--which are both great. you have a lot to do in just a little bit of time. and yes, june is miserably hot in florida

I always enjoy Reddington beach area, its between St Petersburg and Clearwater.

+1

Florida gulf coast is where it's at. White sand FTW

tampa is a great place to visit, and should be on your list.

+1

Channelside, Busch Gardens, etc.

Here's my suggestion.

When you get around the West Palm Beach area jog over to A1A and drive A1A as far south as you can. There's alot of great scenery that's well worth it if you're out to see the sights in Florida.

Ft. Lauderdale is a good place for a first stop to get out and see the sights. They have a pretty good beach front. There's soo many places you could stop along the way for it's almost impossible to list them all. Internet is your friend here.

Then, if it were me, I'd plan on spending an evening in Miami. Oceanfront Blvd is something that just has to be experienced and again the beaches in Miami are kicking almost all the time. Not the nicest beach I've ever been to but great atmosphere. If you like the club scene at all then get all did up and go stand in line for one of the big clubs (Mansion is a good start then maybe late night at Space). There's nothing quite like the NY or Miami club scene.

Next day sleep off the party then head down to the keys. Again great drive all the way down. Islamarada is a good place to stop and take a look around and it's about the 1/2 way point to Key West. We got married in Islamarada at a place called Cheeca Lodge (http://www.cheeca.com). Stop in and tell them you want a property tour or something, it's a pretty cool place.

Key west was cool for me for like a couple of hours then I got bored with it though so I'm not much help there.

Andy

When we're near Sarasota my wife always like to go to St Armands Circle. There's a good Cuban restaurant there called Columbia.

I was there it was a nice place to eat outside . When I was there it was packed with lambos,ferraris,austin martins,bmw's,etc driving around the circle like a car cruise. I stood out good in the vette with long tubes and a big cam. The bridge from sarasota to armonds circle was fun :D I'm leaving after the first of year for a month or so. All the places above sound good. Florida was the first vacation long time ago for the wife and I. We stayed around clearwater in a small motel on the beach owned by a german couple who came out and chatted with us all the time. It was like our own little private beach. It was so long ago I can't remember the name.

Guest 614Streets
When you go to Orlando go to Kissimmee and check out old town, check out the adult disney and or city walk as well. You guys really shouldnt miss miami. Stay a night at the AVALON , you wont be disapointed. Cocoa beach and Clearwater are nice as well.

Your problem is that you're driving everywhere. From Orlando to Sarasota and the Keys??? You won't be able to fit everything in, or you won't be able to truly enjoy the trip...

I lived in Naples for three years (still have a condo there on Vanderbilt Beach), and I'll tell you that if you're going to Key West from Sarasota, you're better off taking the Jet Express from Ft. Myers...1.5hr jet boat > 5+hr drive.

Conserve time/gas: lengthen your stay, or plan on only 2-3 locations in FL while you're down there.

x 2 on Sanibel Island. We've gone for the past couple years.

I've been going there since i've been 5. great great grandpa (when he was alive) lived in ft myers beach and we would always go to sanibel. and stop at the bubble room and grab some food and red velvet cake!

venice beach is a little south of sarasota. lots of shark's teeth in the sand. kinda fun looking for them.

My parents live in Venice.

Caspersen Beach has the sharks teeth. Eat at Sharkeys while you are out there.

Also, drive down Casey Key. Amazing homes then head to the Venice Jetty for Pops Sunset Grill.

your gonna hate life driving all the way down there then back up. just fly down. rent baller car, drive around. then fly back. trust me if you have the money do that before ever wanting to drive all that much.

That depends on what you are driving down:D

your gonna hate life driving all the way down there then back up. just fly down. rent baller car, drive around. then fly back. trust me if you have the money do that before ever wanting to drive all that much.

Not really. I drove down with a buddy. Here to ft Lauderdale then Miami. Back and fourth. The sarosota. The back to ft Lauderdale. Wasn't bad. Averaged 90mph in a murdered out 300c