Gun pulled

FST94TSI

Another word of advice, Supposedly there's a gang somewhere in Columbus that has a really interesting initiation process. In order to get into this gang, newbies have to get into their car at night, drive around with their headlights off, and the first person to flash their lights at them signaling to turn the headlights on has to be hunted down and killed.

you didnt flash your lights at anybody last night did you?

lol I remember hereing that when I was in AIT when going off post.

Ok so I live in Dublin near sawmill and 270, which should be relatively safe. Last night we decided to order carryout from max and ermas and as I drove in my genesis coupe to pick up the food a newer style grand Marquis was behind me riding so close they were damn near in the car with me. Obviously the side roads around here have barely been touched so they require driving with some intelligence and care. I was driving as fast as I could without risking anything unsafe. As the ass hole behind me continued to nearly hit me over and over I tapped my brakes hoping maybe they would back off a bit. Instead of backing off they come flying up next to me screaming and yelling that I'm driving too slow and wanting me stop and fight the multiple guys in their car while I'm by myself. I decide to stop anyways as they wouldn't leave me alone for several streets and turns and as I do the driver pulls out what appeared to be a gun and pointed it at me. At that time I felt that leaving quickly and calling the police would be the smartest thing I could do. They still followed me for several more turns and after maybe 2 or 3 minutes a cpd officer pulled up and proceeded to find the car but it was of course empty. For once I have to say good job to the cpd. Hopefully these guys get caught before they really hurt someone or pull out a gun on somebody who is armed and get what they deserve which is shot between the fucking eyes. There's not a great point to this story but I wanted to share this experience with all of you.

I remember seeing something on TV or reading that when a situation like this happens the best thing to do is apologize and back down as it will help defuse the situation.

I remember seeing something on TV or reading that when a situation like this happens the best thing to do is apologize and back down as it will help defuse the situation.

Wrong. Make sure you always have a gun. Get out of your car shoot them in the face. Get back in car and leave like nothing happened. Go home post on CR.

Rinse repeat.

Wrong. Make sure you always have a gun. Get out of your car shoot them in the face. Get back in car and leave like nothing happened.

for some reason this made me think of the movie american psycho, where he goes into the office building at the end of the movie and shoots the desk security guard and then walks away like nothing happened

Wrong. Make sure you always have a gun. Get out of your car shoot them in the face. Get back in car and leave like nothing happened. Go home post on CR.

Rinse repeat.

quoted for truf.

also take pic of said person you shot in face and post it on facebook.

When I first saw the car it appeared that there were only two people in the car which would've been no problem to handle but as they got up to me there were 4 people in the car. Although I'm no slouch I'm not superman either so that's when I decided along with seeing him pull a weapon it was time to move along. I don't remember the name of the street but it was a neighborhood road that runs in between billingsley and hard rd.

Sawbury Blvd?? That whole area between Sawmill/Smokey Row and Billingsley/Emerald Parkway is filled with crack houses and shit hole apartment complexes. The PNC just one light north of Hard Rd. & Sawmill got robbed at gunpoint last month.

i live and work in this area and it can be bad....

1. cars get broken into all the time at work

2. an employee was jumped and robbed out back of work

3. my car has been broken in to

4. my neighbor's house was robbed in the middle of the day

5. my fiance had a gun pulled on him on 270/sawmill, with my daughter in the car

i live and work in this area and it can be bad....

1. cars get broken into all the time at work

2. an employee was jumped and robbed out back of work

3. my car has been broken in to

4. my neighbor's house was robbed in the middle of the day

5. my fiance had a gun pulled on him on 270/sawmill, with my daughter in the car

Jesus wtf do you guys do?! I've lived in this area most of my life and i've heard of the occassional mugging and whatnot (and yes the CVS on the corner of hard and sawmill and hard and smokey have been robbed several times for their script drugs). The apt complex (townhomes) behind the BP off sawmill are by far the worst in the area, the area immediatly surrounding it is a bit sketchy but it can go either way. Most of the crimes are just punk kids starting trouble. Some are thugs who drive to the "nicer area" (even though i dont think its THAT nice) to rob people.

I use to think it was overkill to carry everywhere but i guess not? Not sure what I would do in this case if i were driving and someone pulled a gun while i was in my car. I'd probably pull mine too.

Oh and in this case, would the OP be justified to pull his gun (say he had one for conversations sake) if one was pulled on him despite being in a vehicle? I would think being in a vehicle means you have the means to escape unless your trapped somehow?

I've had a gun pulled on me twice at my job because the people were mad i was holding them up in traffic for literally about 3 minutes both times. I laughed in their faces both times at them as i told my coworkers on the radio what was happening and their plate number. Police showed up and took them to jail. It's crazy how dumb people are anymore.

... I would think being in a vehicle means you have the means to escape unless your trapped somehow?

Exactly right. OP should have never stopped. He's very lucky. There are just too many stupid people who wouldn't hesitate to shoot you for no reason.

Jesus wtf do you guys do?! I've lived in this area most of my life and i've heard of the occassional mugging and what not .......

it's the apartments man. the rent in those places needs to be jacked up and the HUD shit abolished from the area and then the crime will leave. I've lived in this area for over 20 years and it is getting slightly worse, but mainly in the direct area of those units. The problem is most are under Columbus taxes. If it were Dublin proper, they wouldn't be so cheap.

it's the apartments man. the rent in those places needs to be jacked up and the HUD shit abolished from the area and then the crime will leave. I've lived in this area for over 20 years and it is getting slightly worse, but mainly in the direct area of those units. The problem is most are under Columbus taxes. If it were Dublin proper, they wouldn't be so cheap.

yup...our rent is super cheap for the area...my entire neighborhood is apartments....my area is "kinda nice" (at least nicer than broadmeadows was :rolleyes:)...but further down the road, it gets a little worse....

a lot of my neighbors have lived here for years....they say the crime has been getting worse....

whatever....i'll still stay here because i can get my kids into worthington schools

Shoot, I work here in dublin and some lady about a mile and a half earlier this week shot some guy on frantz rd. I saw the police cars flying down frantz on my way into work. Dublin is ghetto ha ha.

I heard about that. Apparently she had been stalking her ex-fiance after he broke up with her. She had been cited over there a couple of months ago for the same thing. This time she actually got a shot off. :lol: