Anyone know my car???

04SVT

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how about you take the car to a dyno, and make sure the tune is correct/safe. if you're worried about whether or not you bought a ratted-out, beat-to-shit car------well, its too late. if the tune is safe, and the car puts down 550-600 rwhp with 15-17psi, you're going to be fine. i have no idea who's car that is.

I am almost 100% positive i know the previous owner. It had black saleens on it with nitto DR's on it and he took it to Ricart and traded it in on a Hummer. The car made 549rwhp at 16.5 psi. How many miles are on the car?

It has 80k on it. Took it to IPS they did a dyno on it. 600rwhp 524 trq. at 6000 rpm. 17 pounds of boost. all on 93 octane.

how about you take the car to a dyno, and make sure the tune is correct/safe. if you're worried about whether or not you bought a ratted-out, beat-to-shit car------well, its too late. if the tune is safe, and the car puts down 550-600 rwhp with 15-17psi, you're going to be fine. i have no idea who's car that is.

Wasn't worried about the car being worn out. Been in the car biz for over 10 yrs now.Checked it over well. Just wondering about all the mods and who did them, when,and so on. Appreciate the input.

Wasn't worried about the car being worn out. Been in the car biz for over 10 yrs now.Checked it over well. Just wondering about all the mods and who did them, when,and so on. Appreciate the input.

well, your best bet is to track down the guy from ricart and find out more info. 80k miles is quite a bit. some guys on svtperformance have over 100k miles at 600rwhp. guess it depends on how you drive it. i'd be prepared for a rebuild if it hasn't been done already. you should only have to replace the pistons with some looser fitting slugs if you're on a budget. crank/rods/block are good for 800rwhp in these cars without a problem. your torque seems low, but if i remember correctly, the 2.2's don't put down tons of torque. for reference, my car has nearly the exact same mods as yours minus the headers, and i have cats (whipple 2.3 blower at 17psi, catback, intake, fuel mods, suspension, solid rear). i put down 590rwhp and 575tq.

you can get more than enough information on the two websites i referred to

Thanks kirks5oh, ya the 2.2 is a bit low on torque. Was hoping it was the 2.6 when I got it but, oh well. More than happy with it. A few tweeks,and a rebuild when it starts showing signs. Anything with those miles will have a couple issues here and there. Thinking about upgrading the cams when its due for the rebuild.

Lots of fun aren't they?

Thanks kirks5oh, ya the 2.2 is a bit low on torque. Was hoping it was the 2.6 when I got it but, oh well. More than happy with it. A few tweeks,and a rebuild when it starts showing signs. Anything with those miles will have a couple issues here and there. Thinking about upgrading the cams when its due for the rebuild.

Lots of fun aren't they?

these cars are an absolute blast. from a 40 roll, with good tires, it will take a lot to beat you with the 3.73's and all that power. the solid rear drops 125lbs. the 2.6's really aren't better than the 2.2 below 20psi. nothing screams like a 2.2---nothing. congrats on the car, you'll enjoy it.

Black 03/04 Cobras are straight legit. I'm willing to bet you could spray an 80-shot - through every gear - all night long while dig racing on 270 over and over and over and it'll take it like a champ. Well, your clutch will hate life, but only sissies care about clutches.

Heart the car. Welcome.

Black 03/04 Cobras are straight legit. I'm willing to bet you could spray an 80-shot - through every gear - all night long while dig racing on 270 over and over and over and it'll take it like a champ. Well, your clutch will hate life, but only sissies care about clutches.

Heart the car. Welcome.

I think the car has a spec 3 in it....