Anyone know my car???

04SVT

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black 03/04 Cobras are straight legit. I'm willing to bet you could spray an 80-shot - through every gear - all night long while dig racing on 270 over and over and over and it'll take it like a champ. Well, your clutch will hate life, but only sissies care about clutches.

Heart the car. Welcome.

I was told it has a triple disc clutch in it. (not that I care) :)

Edited by 04SVT

LOL, shit would be hilarious.

Maybe I should ask him if a set of Alteezas were found in the trunk? Then we'd definitively have a positive ID. :o

Had nothing in the trunk but the spare cover. I mean NOTHING! no trim at all, no spare or jack kit. Had to get it all.

Black 03/04 Cobras are straight legit. I'm willing to bet you could spray an 80-shot - through every gear - all night long while dig racing on 270 over and over and over and it'll take it like a champ. Well, your clutch will hate life, but only sissies care about clutches.

Heart the car. Welcome.

Couldn't imagine trying to hook with and 80 shot. Can barely hook now with new 275 wide hankook v12 EVO's. Going to 305's when spring hits and I wear out the 275's. Prob take about a week. :)

Couldn't imagine trying to hook with and 80 shot. Can barely hook now with new 275 wide hankook v12 EVO's. Going to 305's when spring hits and I wear out the 275's. Prob take about a week. :)

Did you say it had Nitto DR's on it? If so, what size were those? I think I ran a 305 in the Nitto DR. However, yeah, hooking while spraying out of the hole is not easy. The Nitto DR's aren't the stickiest, though.

Did you say it had Nitto DR's on it? If so, what size were those? I think I ran a 305 in the Nitto DR. However, yeah, hooking while spraying out of the hole is not easy. The Nitto DR's aren't the stickiest, though.

It had worn out 305's on it, on black (i think) SVT rims, It's been lowered also.

Two of those three sound familiar - I didn't have black SVT wheels.

I'm not 100% on the wheels. They are the same five spoke design as the chrome svt's ive seen. They also were 18's

This is what they looked Like:

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n576/04SVT600hp/IMG_0060.jpg

Edited by 04SVT

Thats the other thing I want to know is if the input shaft has been changed!!??

spec clutches work just fine in these cars. if the guy is a perfectionist who owned the car before he would have swapped in the 26 spline input shaft when he did the clutch.

275 tires on these cars do not work, unless they are mickey thompson's on a 15" wheel.

its a ford, it'll be dead in a few thousand miles. don't worry, just take your ass pounding like a man.

this is a car that has lived at nearly 600rwhp for most of its 80k mile life with a completely stock motor minus a bolted on blower. i'd say its held up well.

this is a car that has lived at nearly 600rwhp for most of its 80k mile life with a completely stock motor minus a bolted on blower. i'd say its held up well.

Yup, I sprayed the shit out of my 03 Cobra for an entire racing season - a full bottle every Friday and Saturday night - and never had any problem out of the engine. Took it like a champ.

I had a spec stage 3 in a car once, and based on my experience, I would drive it like it's made out of glass.

Mine has held up just fine. Plenty of track passes powershifting and no issues so far. Mine makes 100rwhp less than the Cobra in this thread, but it should do alright. Sounds like you got a bad one. Too many people with good things to say about them.

What you are doing is like asking your girl how much sex she's had in the past. No matter what she's going to tell you she was gently driven. However, if she rides you in the bed like a terminator you know someone had to teach her that shit. Just enjoy the ride... Have fun with it then trade it in for a newer model with less miles later on.

True-er words have never been spoken...

Look at it this way man, even if u have to do some repairs it'll still most likely be considerably cheaper than building the car from stock and the money u save once it's completely sorted out u can put into making the car even faster! Although I own one for some reason I've never been much of a mustang fan but Ive always been really fond of the 03/04 cobras. Nice car u have there and regardless of it's history it seems to be pretty damn nice.

Sure hope it has the input shaft swapped. If not I'll find out when it hits the track with slicks this summer!!

my stock clutch and input shaft have lasted 19k miles, 10k of which have been at 600rwhp. i've been to the track a few times and never had a problem with clutch slippage until this summer. if you're going to track the car frequently, when the clutch goes, swap in an auto. my car is getting a built auto swapped in as we speak

my stock clutch and input shaft have lasted 19k miles, 10k of which have been at 600rwhp. i've been to the track a few times and never had a problem with clutch slippage until this summer. if you're going to track the car frequently, when the clutch goes, swap in an auto. my car is getting a built auto swapped in as we speak

Auto? What fun is that ;)