Anyone know my car???

04SVT

Look at it this way man, even if u have to do some repairs it'll still most likely be considerably cheaper than building the car from stock and the money u save once it's completely sorted out u can put into making the car even faster! Although I own one for some reason I've never been much of a mustang fan but Ive always been really fond of the 03/04 cobras. Nice car u have there and regardless of it's history it seems to be pretty damn nice.

So true! I'm just thrilled that I was able to come across a car like this! The worst thing about the whole deal is IT'S FREAKIN WINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder so many times why I still live in OHIO. Guess it'll be that much better when it does finally get nice again :)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my stock clutch and input shaft have lasted 19k miles, 10k of which have been at 600rwhp. i've been to the track a few times and never had a problem with clutch slippage until this summer. if you're going to track the car frequently, when the clutch goes, swap in an auto. my car is getting a built auto swapped in as we speak

I'm not going to track it much. Just to see what it'll do. Thought about the auto idea a few times.

congrats on the cobra purchase, i hate fords but i love my cobra. how much did ya end up gettin it for? (if you don't mind)

80k is nothing on these cars. mine has 81k and just compression tested damn near perfect. runs strong. only probs ive had with it are belt slippage, few idler pulleys, and some rear diff bushings.

I will say this much, My buddy who has a car lot sold it to me for wholesale. Pays to have friends in the car biz!!:grin2: Have really only one issue to fig out on it. When it gets wet, car wash, rain and so on, I lose gauges, tach, speedo, temp, and odom. But, I don't lose fuel pr oil pressure. Real weird. Some connection is getting wet just gotta track it down.

I will say this much, My buddy who has a car lot sold it to me for wholesale. Pays to have friends in the car biz!!:grin2: Have really only one issue to fig out on it. When it gets wet, car wash, rain and so on, I lose gauges, tach, speedo, temp, and odom. But, I don't lose fuel pr oil pressure. Real weird. Some connection is getting wet just gotta track it down.

Water leaks right through the heat extractor on the hood and has a clear shot at the alternator. The alternators are known to go on these cars because of all the added heat from the blower. Most people open the extractors to help cool the motor, so water runs right onto the alternator. I put a towel on the motor when I wash the car and try not to drench water down the extractors

Water leaks right through the heat extractor on the hood and has a clear shot at the alternator. The alternators are known to go on these cars because of all the added heat from the blower. Most people open the extractors to help cool the motor, so water runs right onto the alternator. I put a towel on the motor when I wash the car and try not to drench water down the extractors

You had the same issue? I only lose some of the gauges, not all, that's what has thrown me.

Damn...my buddy cut mine out.....since then my alt. went out and the car squeaks???

just don't drive the car in the rain, and cover the motor with a few towels when you wash it. i've been lucky and not had the alternator take a dump, but i only have 19k miles on my car. i've had my vents open for 5 years---as soon as the car was pullied.

if your car has a bigger crank pulley, the alternator is more likely to go, as its being overspun---unless someone has also changed the alternator pully to a bigger one.

does the car have pillar gauge pods? If so I think I ran into the guy on morse right after he had it tuned last year. black 03, I know it had a twin disc as I could hear it at the light. Started talking to him and he just said it was a kb car and never said numbers. Later hear it made 600

Younger kid driving it when I saw, sounds and looks pretty similar to your car, no idea who it was. I bet if its that car, dtm will know the owner as he tuned it

my fox coupe used to lose gauges randomly- turned out the jack@#% that owned it before me tried to jam some tap into the fuse box for some of his stereo crap and loosened the slot- I just crimped it back down and it was good for about 50K miles of daily driving- I miss that old car.

does the car have pillar gauge pods? If so I think I ran into the guy on morse right after he had it tuned last year. black 03, I know it had a twin disc as I could hear it at the light. Started talking to him and he just said it was a kb car and never said numbers. Later hear it made 600

Younger kid driving it when I saw, sounds and looks pretty similar to your car, no idea who it was. I bet if its that car, dtm will know the owner as he tuned it

Has to be a diff car. Mines an 04.

my fox coupe used to lose gauges randomly- turned out the jack@#% that owned it before me tried to jam some tap into the fuse box for some of his stereo crap and loosened the slot- I just crimped it back down and it was good for about 50K miles of daily driving- I miss that old car.

I'll check that also. Not a huge deal just bugs me. I'm real picky about everything being right on a car.