2009 R6S Raven bran new

Tindall2006

What do you plan to use the bike for?

The R6S is a better street bike but if you plan on track days you may want the newer/racer model R6. The R6S is essentially the previous gen model that they still produce for people that want something more street friendly.

The price isn't bad but you have to remember the second you drive off the lot, you have a 2-year OLD bike. So it depends if it's worth it to you for a NEW 2-year old bike.

Yamaha currently has a $1,200 rebate AND 4.99% financing right now so is that with or without the rebate? If you can get that price AND the rebate, that's really not a bad buy.

Others to look at as well if you want to talk the dealer down more on the 2009:

R6S: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-2009-YAMAHA-Raven-R6-S-BELOW-DEALER-COST-0-Setup-/360329514525?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item53e5500e1d

R6: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-Yamaha-YZF-R6-/400180469051?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item5d2c9d5d3b

Then again, don't know what color you want but here is a 2010 for $7,599 (which is a little more OTD but a better buy if you are financing): http://www.hondaeasttoledo.com/showcaseproductdetail.htm?ID=9997219&Brand=40&Type=1787&fm=1

If you are looking to spend a certain amount, you can get a LOT of bikes for that price. Hell, in this economy I've seen 08/09 Busa's with under 1k miles for that price. Lots of people moving ALL brands for CHEAP right now...

Unfortunatly you will get tired of the street manners of the S. Especially riding with other military. Are you sure you want to go through all the Army bs to ride? You will hate life when your BN saftey is a w3 ,who has never riden a motorcycle of any kind, tells you about sportbikes. It is a great bike though, just not for that price.

Unfortunatly you will get tired of the street manners of the S. Especially riding with other military. Are you sure you want to go through all the Army bs to ride? You will hate life when your BN saftey is a w3 ,who has never riden a motorcycle of any kind, tells you about sportbikes. It is a great bike though, just not for that price.

?

I didn't have to do anything to ride a bike, just took my motorcycle safety foundation card and show the gate guards when I come on post

I've got a few friends waiting to get out of the Marines before they even get their licenses because of all the BS you have to go through to ride.

Also, I'd keep searching for a better bike for the price. Bikes are dirt cheap right now and will continue to be so for the next 2-3 months. 6k could get you a very low mile 08+ sport bike.

?

I didn't have to do anything to ride a bike, just took my motorcycle safety foundation card and show the gate guards when I come on post

Sorry I generalized it too much. I am bad about saying the whole Army is bad when 3ID takes the cake. All riders here need the basic course. Sportbike riders (anything full fairing to them) need the basic, experienced, sportbike courses as well as a few hours on Ft. Stupids simulator that is really an enduro style bike. Along with your standard training and personnel file you get a motorcycle file. They keep track of registration and insurance experations and 4856 EVERYTHING! My BN saftey is a 18yr W3 with no riding experience.

My shit isn't near that bad... I am in aviation... we are chill... I already have my MSC is that is all you need here.

I want a street bike, and this is my first bike. I have sat on the R6s and the r6 and I find the s way more comfortable to sit on. Most of my buddies around here recommend the S too. I mostly want something to cruise on the streets. I don't see track days in my future.

I haven't been able to get any of the dealers to budge on the price at all down from 7800, they are basically buy it at this or GTFO... Any advice?

I am aviation as well. Blackhawk crew dog. Regardless, 1ID, 2ID, 3ID, 4ID, 1st Cav, 101st, 82nd, 10th MTN, all major active infantry/armor/airborne unit has their own aviation brigade that has to follow the rules of the entire division. We may be more relaxed in aviation now, but we still have rules. I have been to Rucker twice for school, it also is home to the army saftey center and they don't take motorcycles lightly. When you leave TRADOC you will begin to hate the evolving/open to interpretation rules. Edited by KentStateTsi

Sorry I generalized it too much. I am bad about saying the whole Army is bad when 3ID takes the cake. All riders here need the basic course. Sportbike riders (anything full fairing to them) need the basic, experienced, sportbike courses as well as a few hours on Ft. Stupids simulator that is really an enduro style bike. Along with your standard training and personnel file you get a motorcycle file. They keep track of registration and insurance experations and 4856 EVERYTHING! My BN saftey is a 18yr W3 with no riding experience.

Damn....another point for the Army... :rolleyes:

Air Force in the past just needed a MSF course and reflective vest to ride on base. Off base they don't even care but it is a requirement so if you get caught you will be in some shit.

Then again, with all the stories of people doing dumb crap I'm really not suprised. Everyone gets that deployment money and comes back to buy a bike and end up hurting themselves because they don't know what they are doing. Glad they stepped it up but they need to make sure motorcycle people are running the program also...

At rickenbacker you just need a helmet. Lol. Go air force.

Until the wrong person catches you. Look in the AFI, you are required to wear gear and have a MSF course to ride on base as well as a reflective vest at night. Some commanders feel the need to require a reflective vest 24/7...

Until the wrong person catches you. Look in the AFI, you are required to wear gear and have a MSF course to ride on base as well as a reflective vest at night. Some commanders feel the need to require a reflective vest 24/7...

Oh I agree the afi does state you need all that bs, but for some reason we don't adhere to it.