Lets talk Time Warner bills

Putty

I felt the need to quote this multiple times, for emphasis of how ridiculously truthful it is.

Once more for good measure

yup, it took me a good 40 hours of talk time to get them to bill me a static bill. every bill was different yet all i had was basic hd cable. no ppv no hbo etc etc..

glad to hear good reviews for uverse bc I am switching to them or direct tv (which i have aswell at a rental prop.. no issues ever for 3 years..) in march.

Yeah, Time Warner was ridiculous when it comes to customer service. Note, I'm not one of those types that expects unreasonable things when it comes to customer service (e.g., "I JUST WAITED 12 SECONDS TO TALK TO THE OWNER OF TIME WARNER CABLE AND NOW I EXPECT ONE YEAR OF FREE CABLE!!1!"). However, I had to call them about four times in the span of a few weeks - which is problematic in of itself - and then I got jerked around at least three of those four times. I warned them the last time I called that they were on the verge of losing me, especially considering AT&T services the same area (and my condo even comes pre-wired for both Time Warner and AT&T). The Time Warner rep didn't seem overly concerned, I didn't really get what I was looking for, and the problems with Time Warner service persisted (e.g., glitches in HD viewing, a DVR that would randomly chose not to record things), so Time Warner got the deuces.

Yeah, I'm not one of those people who calls every few months to get their bill adjusted by threatening to leave either. It's amazing how easily Insight will offer people discounts and whatnot when they threaten that and how hard it was for me to get an actual credit from Insight when they weren't delivering the service I paid for. Also, their people never, ever call you back. They say, "Oh, I will e-mail the tech team and get a response over the weekend and call you back Monday morning no later than 11am." No call ever. Then you call them because they didn't call you and you get routed to Louisville (Insight's HQ) who has no idea about your situation because they don't have shitty Roadrunner down there and they get pissed off when you ask to be transferred to the Columbus offices and the people in the Columbus office lie to you and you have to repeat these steps 3 times before you finally might have a shot at talking to the person who was supposed to call you back.

My U-Verse seems to have a few issues with picture quality (some blips, kinda jittery on smooth scrolling stuff like the ESPN bottom line) but luckily one of my friends I've known since 3rd grade works for AT&T and was my installer so I can just talk to him whenever I have problems.

1 digital box, 1 hd dvr, showtime, internet, $135/mo...dropping showime now that weeds and dexter are over

so i called wow to drop showtime and the monthly guide (the $3 magazine that comes in the mail and goes straight into the trash can), and asked why online the bundle i have shows $74.99, and im getting charged $79.99...he dropped it $5, then said he could drop it another $7 by putting the digital receiver i have into the bundle...so apparently theyve been overcharging me for the bundle, and charging me extra for the box that could have been included into the bundle.

ended up getting it down to $99.96 before taxes, down from $129.65