New 360 250GB HDD on Woot: $55 shipped

MrMeanGreen

Well, in my cousins case, he is an absolute madman about the music games (GH, RockBand, etc) and the expansion packs for those games take up lots of space. Not to mention that the further we go, the more we can add to those (download movies form netflix, full size downloadable games from xboxlive, etc) hard drives. There really has never been a time that I've said to myself, "DJ, old chap, you simply MUST lose some of this storage space".

I dont see why you need a harddrive anyways except to store game data. that cant be very much so what do you do with all the extra space?

I copy my frequently played games to the drive, makes for quieter game play without the dvd drive humming constantly.

A 360 with a disk in it sounds like a fighter jet firing up. Installing the game to the HDD makes the system almost silent.

Some of them do, some of them don't. My launch Xbox 360 was very quiet. When I got an Elite when they first came out it was as loud as AIDS. Then it red-ringed and I had it repaired and it got even louder. Then it red-ringed again and it was quieter. I have the new "slim" or whatever they want to call it now and it's super quiet. But I still install all of my games just to reduce wear and tear on the disc drive and reduce loading times. I have the 250 in my "slim" and it's nearly half full (game installs, about 800 Rock Band songs, some downloaded games, etc.)