Official App Thread iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android

dover

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
The new Time Warner Ipad could hold some promise if/when someone hacks it to work over 3G instead of being confined to home wi-fi.

I have it - highly unimpressive. Providers made them get rid of a lot of good channels. The ap is overly simple, no guide, no pause feature - nothing. Further, it is locked to work only on Time Warner's network (not a Wifi issue), so the only likely hack would require a proxy server and probably poor performance as a result.

A couple must-have iPad downloads for me:

- Scrabble. Has a sweet feature where you can Bluetooth in your iPhones as you letter board. Wife and I played it last night, and we will never go back to the regular scrabble board.

- Monopoly. Very well done game.

- Angry Birds Rio. Another good Angry Birds game. I have mostly played it with the iPhone though.

• 2 weeks later...

APOD - Astronomy Picture of the Day. Automatically downloads the NASA Astronomy Picture of the Day. Can set it to change the background with the day's picture. Also gives the info.

I only listed that because I am really posting a request for certain Apps (Android):

- Volume button disable-er... I HATE accidently bumping the volume rocker buttons on teh side of my phone. I want them to be turned off but have not found an App that will do this.

- A lite, low power SMS app. Almost like putting your phone in sleep mode but SMS still functions (And incoming calls). Idea is to conserve power. Again I haven't found an App that fits my idea.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know anything about the Verizon iPhone4 new 4.2.7 released? I accidentally upgraded and now I hear this Jailbreak isn't out yet... anyone know? I need it back to jailbroken!

You're SOL right now for a untethered JB. I think Redsn0w has a tethered JB currently available for it.

Once jailbroken never EVER hook up to itunes

LOL. You just gotta be extra careful. I tell it to never remind me again so I don't accidentally do it. :fuckyeah:

Is there an ap/jailbreak program that will force your iPhone not to roam on another network? You can shut data roaming off via the settings, but not cellular roaming. Was a PITA issue when I was on the border this past weekend, and the phone liked to roam into Rogers when AT&T still had signal (just not as strong).

Kinda off topic however...does anyone know why YouTube search results are different when using Android phones ipods etc? I mainly use YouTube for music, on my desktop at home its great however on my thunderbolt/ipod not so much! Thoughts?

Tom

Kinda off topic however...does anyone know why YouTube search results are different when using Android phones ipods etc? I mainly use YouTube for music, on my desktop at home its great however on my thunderbolt/ipod not so much! Thoughts?

Tom

I'm just taking a wild guess here, but are you signed into your account on your phone? When you open the youtube app, hit "menu" -> "my channel", then it will ask you if you want to log in with your gmail account. I'm sure you are probably logged in on your PC.

I'm just taking a wild guess here, but are you signed into your account on your phone? When you open the youtube app, hit "menu" -> "my channel", then it will ask you if you want to log in with your gmail account. I'm sure you are probably logged in on your PC.

yeah, thanks i thought the same thing. Even when im logged in at home and on mobile device my search results are different. i dont get it. my mobile device search sucks for some reason.

tom

• 2 weeks later...
yeah, thanks i thought the same thing. Even when im logged in at home and on mobile device my search results are different. i dont get it. my mobile device search sucks for some reason.

tom

Some videos are not available to be played on a mobile device.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...