Got my Jet Kit......

Mister2

well i received my dynojet stage 1 kit for my 00 cbr f4, i pulled the carbs off tonight and i am trying to install the jets, instructions say to pull cover with spring and rubber diaphram out, which i did, but how do i get that needle part out of the plastic housing with the rubber diaphram? the instructions just show it apart, what am i missing?

i have jetted a carb on an old muscle car once, but this is completly different so any help is appreciated,

unless you have already done that and gotten the plastic piece out and are talking about separating the needle from clip...

been a while but on mine i think it was just free floating with a spring or something holding it in place. pics?

on my bike there is no clip or nothin holding the needle in there. you take off the top, take out the spring, take out the diaphragm and slide. once you got the slide out, you just turn it over and the needle falls right out.

what kind of carbs are they?

on my bike there is no clip or nothin holding the needle in there. you take off the top, take out the spring, take out the diaphragm and slide. once you got the slide out, you just turn it over and the needle falls right out.

what kind of carbs are they?

I wouldn't turn it over and let the needle fall out, but yeah, it's just sitting in there.

2000 CBR 600; pg 5-20 & 5-21 of the shop manual

Remove the three screws and the vacuum chamber cover. As the compression spring is very long, it will jump out of the carburetor when the cover is removed.

Remove the compression spring and diaphragm/vacuum piston from the carburetor body.

screw one of the vacuum chamber cover (4mm) screws into the jet needle holder. Pull the screw and remove the jet needle holder from the vacuum piston. Be careful not to damage the diaphragm. CAUTION: Do not remove the jet needle holder by pushing the jet needle.

Remove the spring, jet needle and washer from the vacuum piston. Check the jet needle for stepped wear. Check the vacuum piston for wear and damage. Check the diaphragm for pin holes, deterioration or damage. Note: Air leaks out of the vacuum chamber if the diaphragm is damaged in any way, even a pin hole.

picture.php?albumid=34&pictureid=2104