Let the countdown begin!

SpaceGhost

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now the question is, take the Summer BBS wheels that will be off the car for 2 and 1/2 months to Wheel Medic for some gold paint or not?

I have already stated my opinion. The color having blue and purple shades make it inappropriate for gold wheels. Silver looks awesome.

I have no doubt you will do the gold eventually, you seem to really like the idea.

IMO, no. Don't get me wrong, I liked your old car with them. FWIW, I would live with the stock color for a while.

Agreed

Now just debadge the trunk completely....perhaps leave the STi. Ditched the Byers advertisement too. BTW.....Black is a bitch to keep clean. Enjoy.

Agreed.

I hate companies that have their symbol, yet find it necessary to write out the name as well. Subaru Subaru Impreza.

Also, what is the consensus with the break in period for the STI's? Do they not do well when you drive them hard from the get go? Or are you stuck on the old break in period of yesteryear?

I know each car is different, so just curious.

I personally drove my car as I usually do, which is hard, from day 1. No oil burning what so ever.

Also, what is the consensus with the break in period for the STI's? Do they not do well when you drive them hard from the get go? Or are you stuck on the old break in period of yesteryear?

I know each car is different, so just curious.

I personally drove my car as I usually do, which is hard, from day 1. No oil burning what so ever.

No Idea, It seems to be all opinion anyway. They want me to do the break in period and I bought the 5 year 100,000 mile Subaru warranty so I am doing what they say.

Edited by Benjamin

No Idea, It seems to be all opinion anyway. They want me to do the break in period and I bought the 5 year 100,000K mile Subaru warranty so I am doing what they say.

Gotcha. It is best to do what you are comfortable with, and following their advice is best for your extended warranty too.

Wish I wasn't sick so I could go to C&C and see this thing.

Gotcha. It is best to do what you are comfortable with, and following their advice is best for your extended warranty too.

Wish I wasn't sick so I could go to C&C and see this thing.

Well it's not until February 19th, you plan on being sick for a while? LOL

depends what i wanna do...if i just wanna drive around i keep it in sport mode..don't really like intelligent mode make it feel like my scion Xb i had. i turn the traction control completly off you can set it where stability is on but traction off..i like it both off so i can really get into it. also i set my diff on rear wheel but only switch it to manual when i wanna really whip out the end. but i keep it on auto for the most part.

are the black wheels the winter wheels? if so keep those on the silver ones made the car look like ass

but the car looks awesome.... ill let you get to your 1000 miles before i start tempting you :bangbang:

yes, Black wheels = Snow tires.

Thanks Paul I appreciate the restraint.

depends what i wanna do...if i just wanna drive around i keep it in sport mode..don't really like intelligent mode make it feel like my scion Xb i had. i turn the traction control completly off you can set it where stability is on but traction off..i like it both off so i can really get into it. also i set my diff on rear wheel but only switch it to manual when i wanna really whip out the end. but i keep it on auto for the most part.

Ha Ha Fun Fun Fun. It's gonna be fun to find my "traction number" like the "sleep number" on those mattress commercials.