Horse Power @ RPM: 638@6500

MPG(Hwy): 20

Curb Weight: 3350 lbs.

0-100 time: 7.0 sec.

Quarter Mile speed: 131 mph

Quarter Mile time: 11.3 sec.

0-60 time: 3.4 sec.

Top Speed: 205 mph

with 0 to 60 being almost the same 1/4 is under a second in diff and top speed within 10 mph its close enough.

You can admit defeat now Joe. Its ok to be wrong once in your life.

Seriously, are you fucking retarded?

- Of course the 0-60 (lame magazine BS) is similar, AWD vs. RWD. There is a shocker.

- 11.3 vs a 12 second quarter mile is a HUGE difference (and ZR1's have been high 10's bone stock...but I will use your numbers).

- 11 MPH trap speed difference is a crazy big difference.

- At those speeds, 10MPH top speed is a large difference

We will go over exactly, what I posted - again:

- That much power - R8 is not even close

- Moves out that well - obviously not, doesn't accelerate nearly as quickly nor does it top out as fast

- Handles as well? ZR1 outran the R8 V10 on the Top Gear test track by over a second. Braking, using your quoted number, is 151ft for the R8 vs C&D saying 142ft. Hmm, missed again.

- R8 can be daily driven, I'll give you that. Has a much nicer interior too (at a large price premium, and doesn't perform as well - obviously).

Your own numbers prove you wrong, lol.

Get a Caravaggio interior for the Z06 / ZR1 (If the stock really bothers you that much) for $20k and you have this:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5007/5333802806_353c2832ba_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5285/5333803092_f00d0fb5dc_b.jpg

going to be awesome. Your lucky its only 3 weeks, and that they dont have to boat it across the big pond....my wait was horrible (7-8 weeks) and I made the mistake putting my car up for sale the day I ordered, which sold in a mere 5 days lol

Get a Caravaggio interior for the Z06 / ZR1 (If the stock really bothers you that much) for $20k and you have this:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5007/5333802806_353c2832ba_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5285/5333803092_f00d0fb5dc_b.jpg

those should be standard in the Z06 and ZR1.

ZR1 or R8?

911T please. 0-60 in 2.7s

0-60 times are pretty useless IMO -- Unless you only race from a stoplight in traffic. Adding DR's and a burn-out to any RWD car at a track will drop the time immensely on an otherwise stock car.

If you are going to compare Mag times at least use 1/4-mile times / speeds.

Jeff

0-60 times are pretty useless IMO -- Unless you only race from a stoplight in traffic. Adding DR's and a burn-out to any RWD car at a track will drop the time immensely on an otherwise stock car.

If you are going to compare Mag times at least use 1/4-mile times / speeds.

Jeff

That's just one of many reason the 911 is better than everything.

Road&Track test:

0-60 in 2.6 sec

0-100 in 6.3 sec

10.7 @ 128.9 1/4 mile

AND it's not made from recycled legos.

I don't think any time test is useless, it all tells you something about the car. 1/4 racing for me us useless, throw some turns in there.

Road&Track test:

0-60 in 2.6 sec

0-100 in 6.3 sec

10.7 @ 128.9 1/4 mile

I don't think any time test is useless, it all tells you something about the car. 1/4 racing for me us useless, throw some turns in there.

whats the price of the 911?

Sheesh, I think the STI Limited with Leather is a pretty nice interior. I would never call it an econobox interior. Sure it's not 100k car, but nice none the less. I will post pics of the interior when I get it, you all can say I am crazy I guess. 20 Days left BTW. :)

Road&Track test:

0-60 in 2.6 sec

0-100 in 6.3 sec

10.7 @ 128.9 1/4 mile

LOL - you want turns:

- The Turbo S (not just the regular Turbo) couldn't even outrun the Z06 around Laguna Seca: http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/car/2011-porsche-911-turbo-s-to-the-power-of-12

- Here is a Turbo running slower lap times than a ZR1 on SMMR: http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/comparison/culture-clash

All from your beloved Road and Track. :)

Porsche still won the test

How can the Porsche 911 Turbo, the car with the slowest lap time, the highest price and the outright winner of only one Performance category (fuel economy, no less!) end up at the top of the heap? It’s the old “jack-of-all-trades” effect. The 911 Turbo doesn’t overwhelm in any one performance category, but it also doesn’t have any deal-breaking vices, such as the ZR1’s interior and the GT-R’s lack of driver involvement. Proving what a fine overall machine the Turbo is, this Porsche won six Subjective categories (versus the ZR1’s four and the GT-R’s two).

I am surprised about the Z06 beating it though...I'm just going to stick my fingers in my ears and go "nanananananananananananana"

Porsche still won the test

thats based off personal opinion. Joe is looking at hard facts. I see where he is coming from ZR1 and numbers don't lie. Personally I like the Audi over the ZR1 but is not like I have the money for either.

thats based off personal opinion. Joe is looking at hard facts. I see where he is coming from ZR1 and numbers don't lie. Personally I like the Audi over the ZR1 but is not like I have the money for either.

Yeah. The 911 GT2 RS is the car to have if you want a track car. 7:18 around the ring, where the ZR1 did it in 7:26, but that thing will cost you over 200K.

ZR1 is nasty, I'll still take a Porsche.