Android people - What to use to root?

Fubar231

Chris aka Kickass is pretty knowledgeable about the subject. He will find his way here im sure.

My phone is rooted, but alot of the older apps that required root access (such as tethering) are now available in non-rooted versions.

Be careful not to brick it like I did mine. It worked out for the better though. I got a new phone out of it haha.

Xda-developers.com

Start reading

this

and this: http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/203013-all-one-guide-rooting-deodexing-installing-custom-rom-theme-how-unbrick-droid-x.html

Read and make sure you understand what you're doing, know how to get into recovery/bootloader, you will need to flash a custom recovery. Looks like Clockwork's recovery is the way to go on the Droid X.

A little misinformation here. Z4root is abailable on xda. Get it, use it. Might not work the first time, just keep trying. The other app to get/buy is the droid x bootstrap. I can send you my copy if you'd like. The thing to remember, is once you bootstrap the X, it will ALWAYS boot into cwm recovery. This is the only way to get around the locked bootloader. Nandroid as soon as you root.

Is z4 root the only way to root the X? I am not a fan of 1-click rooting...noobs.

HTC Thunderbolt is where it's at for Verizon anyway.

No, it's not the only way, but certainly the easiest for someone new to android.

Nearly foolproof as I have seen thus far.

LOL

Please don't post if have no clue as to what you are talking about.

http://www.columbusht.com/android/z4root.1.3.0.apk

One click root.

OMG NOT ROOT FRIENDLY.

Before Z4, rooting the X was not as easy as every other Droid, hence my post. Therefore, I post my thoughts, not what you approve of.

Is z4 root the only way to root the X? I am not a fan of 1-click rooting...noobs.

HTC Thunderbolt is where it's at for Verizon anyway.

I heart HTC phones, especially after having a couple of moto phones. The bionic is gonna be a badassed phone though, sans locked bootloader.