Car selling experience from hell

jeffro

Almost the same as my story selling my Regal.

Guy finally came out to look at it. Nit picked about EVERYTHING on the car. I start it up in the garage and he hears this noise. It's the a/c compressor. It's been doing it ever since I swapped the motor two years ago. Never had an issue. Just noisy. He comes right off the bat telling me it'll be about $1000 to fix the issue. I'm like dude.. its been like that for almost 3 years and it works fine. Deal with it. Then he hears some noise when he turns on the heater. I dunno.. been like that for ya now... 3 years? Never had an issue.

It's clean as hell. From March or so of 08 I put on not even 20k miles. 62k on the clock when i bought it and sold it at 82k in 3 years. Not bad.

Then he low balled me. $3000 for the car. I'm like.. no son. I can't do that. Then he .. blah blah blah here and there. Pulls out a wad of $100 bills to entice me. Nope. Not going to happen. The rear tires are shot on the car and he notices that. He says $3300 and YOU call ME if you want o deal (he wanted me to call him if that was cool).

I didn't call him. He called me the next day and said "how about $3600 and swap the tires" (the tires I originally had that I swapped were in better condition). I said no.. $3700 and I'll swap the tires. Fine. He came and I swapped the tires.

Fine.. swapped the tires and he gives me $37 100 bills. Great. Little did he know that I put on those 4 tires that had a leak in one and two nails in the other. Fuck him. and Thank little baby jesus I don't have to deal with that anymore.

el oh fucking el. I was really surprised the dude still baught the car despite the issue. I figured he would have been worried and not buy it. Craigslist is hit or miss, and 90% of the time its miss. ive been having decent luck on CL as of lately.

Picked up an 02 Focus today with 80k miles

Hell, it's better then a Prius :marc2: :lol:

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do - I drove a 96 Concorde a few years back. Reliable as hell (except for the fkn evaporator-cores and corrosion on the battery terminals). But the 4-door sedan thing got to me after a year or so. If I had to guess that Focus will be gone within a year, your going to miss that boostage.