Broken Taurus .38 Special..Need advise

Stolen 98

A buddy of mine took apart a Taurus .38 revolver and polished the cylinder (shitty) then couldn't get it back together correctly. The cylinder won't spin when the trigger is pulled and it feels "notchy" when the trigger is pulled etc.

Anyhow said broken gun is now mine..for free:D

So...do I figure out a way to ship it back to Taurus? or should I take it to gander mountain to the guy mentioned in the "Columbus Gunsmith's" thread?

Any advice would be appreciated.

The gunsmith, Scott, at Gander Mountain in Hilliard only works two days a week, Tuesday and Thursday from 10 am until 2 PM so at times he is backed up with work. He originally told me a week to install a ambi safety on my 1911 but a friend at Pickaway had put in a word for me so he did it that day. He will look at it right then and there though and tell you his initial thoughts on it. He did a great job on my 1911. I'll be visiting him in the future.

From Taurususa.com, http://www.taurususa.com/repair-policy.cfm If you can't get in contact with Scott at GM, I would advise contacting taurus usa customer service at 305-624-1115

The Taurus Unlimited Lifetime Repair Policy™ is just that. The lifetime of the gun...not the buyer. This is the first warranty of its type in the industry. No other manufacturer has the confidence to extend this kind of offer. Except us. We know how good our guns are, and we are not afraid to stand behind them...for a lifetime.

Simply put, our unprecedented repair policy stands firmly behind every firearm imported or manufactured by Taurus International. The full terms are we will repair your Taurus firearm FREE OF CHARGE for the lifetime of the firearm

We at Taurus are totally committed to the very highest standards of quality, dependability, and most of all, customer satisfaction. Our Unlimited Lifetime Repair Policy assures you of that commitment. Should you need to take advantage of our repair policy, please follow the directions on the shipping instruction link and our work order form, which you can print out and send in with your firearm. We don't expect you to need it, but in the rare instance that you do, it's all right here for you.

Our Unlimited Lifetime Repair Policy extends to all Taurus firearms imported or manufactured by Taurus International Manufacturing, Inc.

This warranty does not cover grips, sights, accessories, cosmetic defects after one year, or damage caused by customer abuse at any time. Taurus will not be responsible for these items.

This warranty does not cover grips, sights, accessories, cosmetic defects after one year, or damage caused by customer abuse at any time.

And those are the weasel words that mean polishing the cylinder voids the warranty. There are reasons you won't find the words "Taurus" and "Customer Service" in a sentence that doesn't also include a lot of cuss words.

I forgot to update this thread... Gander Mountain is no longer having a GunSmith program at the store in Hillard according to Matt. He said I could bring my gun back mid month in February and at that time they may be able to send it to the twinsburg OH Gander.

I have no problem paying Taurus to fix it, I'm just unsure of the process of mailing a gun? Can it just be sent back like an auto-part etc? Or would I have to take it to a dealer?