Birthday purchase

Sturg1647545502

So ive been mulling over a full sized 40cal for the past 8 months and i'm finally pulling the trigger for my birthday.

Since i get the LE discount ive been leaning towards the glock22, but im going to the range tonight to try a glock22, springfield XD and a S&W40. I wanted to try a beretta but AimHi in new albany doesn't have one for rent on their range

Im going to make my decision based off of what i experience tonight, but what are the differences i should be looking for that would separate each gun from the other?

do you have the standard trigger lb on yours or id you shave it down

i did for about 3 or 4 years then i gave my gun to a glock smith and he went through and cleaned it and replaced it with w 3lb trigger and a few other upgrades. it shoots like no other gun i've shot.

i did for about 3 or 4 years then i gave my gun to a glock smith and he went through and cleaned it and replaced it with w 3lb trigger and a few other upgrades. it shoots like no other gun i've shot.

what sort of upgrades did you get? what should i be keeping in mind?

my trigger is 3.5 not 3. its just a connector. you can modify yours or buy one.

titanium striker http://shop.lspi.com/Semi-Auto-Titanium-Striker-for-GLOCK-Pistols-LS-7923.htm

stainless guide rod, the factory shaft is made of plastic and flexes and is only good for about 1000 rounds http://www.arotek.com/newparts.aspx?page=newparts

if you buy one i recommend these, mine broke after 13k rounds or so. http://www.glockmeister.com/Glockmeister-Stainless-Steel-Pin-Set-For-Most-3rd-Gen-GLOCK-Models/productinfo/GMPINSS/

just to elaborate (i was still waking up earlier when i posted)

ive got the M&P 9c. love it. carry it quite often (keltec when i just want to put something in my pocket and go)...had a local smith work the trigger down to 4.25-4.5# with a more distinguished reset than factory, polished feed ramp, crowned barrel, trijicon night sights. the thing that sold me was the interchangeable back straps. i think they had a large on it when i tried it in the store and i about put it back and he said "hold on, let me go get the other backstraps"...i think ive got the small on now and its great.

i had a springfield XD SC at the same time, shot good but just wasnt a huge fan of it, and i sold it, bought a glock 26 right...couldnt get over the hump on the grip of the glock...just didnt feel right, so i sold it.

i dont think i'd ever get rid of my M&P. might buy something else later, but this one is a keeper.

just to elaborate (i was still waking up earlier when i posted)

ive got the M&P 9c. love it. carry it quite often (keltec when i just want to put something in my pocket and go)...had a local smith work the trigger down to 4.25-4.5# with a more distinguished reset than factory, polished feed ramp, crowned barrel, trijicon night sights. the thing that sold me was the interchangeable back straps. i think they had a large on it when i tried it in the store and i about put it back and he said "hold on, let me go get the other backstraps"...i think ive got the small on now and its great.

i had a springfield XD SC at the same time, shot good but just wasnt a huge fan of it, and i sold it, bought a glock 26 right...couldnt get over the hump on the grip of the glock...just didnt feel right, so i sold it.

i dont think i'd ever get rid of my M&P. might buy something else later, but this one is a keeper.

I'll echo evan's post...except I've got a .40, and mine's all original w/ over 10k rounds through it with no issues. I use the middle backstrap and its super comfy, light and very accurate.

I disliked the glock because of the trigger, might have been that one but it pinched/stabbed my finger/was annoying to shoot after 50rounds. It seemed bulky, and it was larger, about .5-.75 if not more in both height and length.

It may have been me, but when shooting back to back with it and mine, i grouped a lot better with the m&p.