Looking for Audi engine... 2.7T Who to talk to?

IVRINGS

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only problem I see with getting that from them is I still need all mani's, vac lines, and accs. So doesn't seem to be the right thing for me. I did send them a PM on the Zine asking for an engine without it being touched and just pulled with harness and all.

Hey Kickass I got one from that company. It is the 2001.5 with 89K on it with turboes and engine harness for $1200+ shipping. Only things I didn't get is the ECU, EGT, N75, downpipes, and flywheel. So once it get here I will be looking at what the engine needs before installing. Timing stuff and water pump I know for sure, but post that I'm going off everyone else. :bangbang: If they don't get it shipped out this week it will be no later then Monday heading out here.

So are you waiting for the 1.8 to blow up, then swap? Or will you pull a running motor? Reason I ask is the 1.8 will bolt right up to my trans with no adapters, and if the price is right I'd buy it. That swap would be scads easier and cheaper than a vr+ the trans adapter and clutch from 034.

So are you waiting for the 1.8 to blow up, then swap? Or will you pull a running motor? Reason I ask is the 1.8 will bolt right up to my trans with no adapters, and if the price is right I'd buy it. That swap would be scads easier and cheaper than a vr+ the trans adapter and clutch from 034.

what do you have now?

what do you have now?

Haha, I've had it for a while, but its a B3 quattro with a wicked rod knock. A 7a would be fun but nearly made of unobtanium. A VR is uber cool, but bloody expensive to swap in after you buy the special starter, adapter, and clutch, and a rebuilt NG while it sounds cool is dog slow, and boring to drive.

Haha, I've had it for a while, but its a B3 quattro with a wicked rod knock. A 7a would be fun but nearly made of unobtanium. A VR is uber cool, but bloody expensive to swap in after you buy the special starter, adapter, and clutch, and a rebuilt NG while it sounds cool is dog slow, and boring to drive.

Gotcha.

Cool. No EGT sucks, I just had to replace mine and its $500 a pair. Get yourself an already chipped ECU, new N75 valve, some downpipes, LWFW, diverter valves and you're good to go.

FWIW, Vast & EPL claim they tune out EGT's an most cars anymore. IE: They are ignored, much like the 2nd set of 02's. No more CEL's.

Patterson my 1.8 head is toast due to a 034 Kevlar Belt snapping at 14K miles after TB job done by a VW/Audi tech. I was going to go 2.0, but I saw the mach work was going to be as much as this engine for the swap. I will have a few more things here and there to get thing going, but I will like the 2.7T swap over a 2.0 build any day. Well for the EGR Clint from RAI is going to find me a set at the yard he goes to for $8 each. ;) I will pick up another DV to match my Bayleys(sp)

I have a stock ecu from my S4. Dunno if that would work if you just need to get the car running, also I would just buy some cheap used EGTs from audis4parts for now and tune them out later.

Joe

I might have to use that, but we are trying to find out more about the 02-03 A6 ECU. It might be able to be a plug and play setup for me since the body harness will be much like that of the A4. So we will see about that. They wanted $150 for the EGTs, but Clint if a 2.7T comes into the yard soon he can get them for 8 bucks. ;) I would rather pay as little as I can for a used part. I picked up the engine this morning to see the front fan broken, but not sure if I'm going to use on on the engine or try to use my electric fans on the A4. I've seen a few people using a SPAL electric kit, but not sure if that replaces that.

Just got off the phone with them and they are replacing the drivers TB cover and the fan, but didn't have time since they where about to get hit with snow. So once the A6 they have coming in does come in they are shipping me the parts at no cost to me. Also they are taking pics of the 04 A6 ECU they have to compair to.

It has been shown that even my hopes of an A6 ECU would work it has to still be repinned. So I don't think unless you have an S4 or A6 this will ever be plug and play, but since your buddy is a B5 it could be easier to do.