help me pick an sho replacement

TurboRust

Say I've got about 13k to spend, like to stay under 60k, what's your pick..here's a small list far. All of these would be manuals, and some might be a stretch for my money

05ish Altima 3.5

05ish maxima 3.5(hard to find)

Mazdaspeed 3

Legacy gt

02-03 3.2 tl type s

Saab 9-3 aero

Discuss

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After my new car search and having similar choices, I'd say go with the MS3, or the LGT. I would lean towards the Mazda. After buying the 6 I have to say I'm impressed with Mazda. While not a speed its still a nice car. When I go shopping in a year or so I'll be looking heavily at the Speed 3 for myself.

Would stay away from the SAAB, the over priced Honda, and the repair bills of the Nissan's. The Altima would be a better pick over the Maxima's loftier repair bills for essentially the same car.

Leaves the LGT and the MS3, both are excellent cars.

My call is a LGT.

MS3 is a nice and potent vehicle but they have very weak rods and dealers around here are few and far in between.

darek Ive had both a MS3 and LGT and would do hands down a LGT. Your more than welcome to come drive my 08 LGT limited if your interested.

also subaru's customer service is way better than Mazda.

feel free to ask me specific questions about either the MS3 and LGT since ive owned both ill help you out no problems. MS3 is definite more powerful but more expensive to mod since turning solutions are still limited and not many tuners are touching them.

Someone else will have to chime in on that. I haven't heard of them being bad, but I also have never went looking for info on them as I have not owned one. The Early WRX 5 speed was a joke I read. I never had anything go wrong with my Stage 2 02 WRX 5sp. I just knew not to do a 6k clutch drop in first and second.