Looking for a new daily

wagner

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:(

Don't complain to CR when you want to slit your wrists in 6 months.

I am just looking for something simple, no fun :( It may not be my dream car, but it will get me closer to it (in theory)

Who in there right mind buys a car with a 72-mo term? :confused:

He's buying a cheap car. If he can't afford it in 36-48 months or less than it's out of his price range...

I am not doing another car out for 72 months, I have learned my lesson there.

I'd pick up a 96-00 civic personally, and drive it until the wheels fall off. There was a clean silver 4 door on cl a week or two ago, 102k, original owner, all maintenance records, $3500obo, not sure if it sold yet.

I love my '96 civic. It's bare bones, 5-speed and runs like a top. It has no balls what so ever, but for reliable, cheap transport it's great. I'd buy another in a heart beat if this one dies.

I work for the honda dealer as a writer. I would say get an 01-05 Civic. They are the most reliable and just make sure you do t-belt service at 110K or 7 years, and keep up on 30k services and you'll be fine. ive seen them often with 350k miles running perfect if maintained.

If you are going to buy a shit box, don't blow 13k on one.

Could about snake into a high mileage early C5 for 13k (14-15k for sure). Toss on some snow tires, and you can enjoy decent fuel mileage and have something you will enjoy driving.

...and people wonder why they have financial problems. Let me guess they put zero down and don't understand why they can never get ahead on the laon... :gtfo:

I put 0 down on my Avalanche and have been ahead on the loan the whole time...but I also got a hell of a deal on mine. :)

My accord had around 170k when I got into a wreck. Rock solid, and I beat on the car.

My recommendation is to look for a V6 6-speed accord. Runs fine on any grade of gas, gets up to 42 on the highway (observed). Quick, too. Fun + MPG = best daily

If you are going to buy a shit box, don't blow 13k on one.

Could about snake into a high mileage early C5 for 13k (14-15k for sure). Toss on some snow tires, and you can enjoy decent fuel mileage and have something you will enjoy driving.

I put 0 down on my Avalanche and have been ahead on the loan the whole time...but I also got a hell of a deal on mine. :)

Who would drive a poor vette in the snow??

RSX Type S

This. They can be had for that money easily. I borrowed my friend's 02 and got nearly 40mpg on the freeway. If you're easy on the gas, the thing sips fuel.

these. rsx type s. I'm even looking at them now again. can find 02-03 ones for under $8k all day

alright.. could have hooked it up for $5200 and its modded and fun compared to a yaris lol.. but thats your choice man take it easy!

I learned my lesson a long time ago about modded daily drivers. That and I really don't want to deal with any additional Honda transmission issues.

Your car is very nice and a good deal.