WORLD VS ZEEFAG

04silvrz

WOW, this thread have become a shitstorm quick. I saw it yesterday when it was first posted and didn't think too much of it.

My opinion on this is the OP had made up this thread. It is not his first hand experience, but more of a hearsay.

-he first said that he rented this car last week

-he then said it was in Toronto

Who in their right mind would rent a rwd car in the dead of the winter in Toronto? I'll believe this story when he can provide a picture of him in the trunk of the car. If he can do so, I'll even vouch that I'll never buy the "said" car model.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Older Lincoln Town Cars are a great value. My 1999 is probably a $4,000-$5,000 car. It has 4-wheel disc, 6 air bags, 27 mpg highway, leather, incredibly smooth ride, 4.6 V-8. There's a reason why all the geezers drive them! lol

10 pages. go outside or something people. even a Friday night people were in this thread whining over American cars..... wow. carry on.

Renault driver's thought process:

"Jeez this rental Grand Marquis sure is a pile of turds, I will take to the internet with photodocumented proof that American cars are inferior to my Franco-Japanese fusion sports car, much like canard a l'orange sashimi is better than cheeseburgers"

*Posts*

"Look at these idiots, trying to defend American cars when I saw with my own two eyes a Grand Marquis with a faulty trim piece, and hold in my hands the keys to a FLAWLESS 120,000 mile Renault 350Z. Now, for my enjoyable Friday night of driving my American beater car"

*Returns to CR, sees incontrovertible evidence of Ford/GM's superior reliability over Renault/Nissan, and most other makes*

"Errr ummmm herrpp you guys have nothing better to do on Friday night than prove me wrong? YOU MUST BE LOSERS. THEREFORE I AM THE WINNER AND AMERICAN CARS STILL SUCK"

edit: Considering how absurdly wrong you were, I would assume you'd have put on a more expert backpedaling display. Bad show.

I'm perfectly willing to admit that by and large, Japanese manufacturers make more reliable car. However, its not as if Lincoln was an outlier of the relaibility study; here's the list.

Problems per 100 vehicles

Porsche 110

Lincoln 114

Buick 115

Lexus 115

Mercury (RIP) 121

Toyota 128 (although one of those was a biiiiiig problem)

Honda 132

Ford 141

Benz 142

Acura 143

Hyundai 148

Cadillac 150

Infiniti 150

Subaru 155

-------------Industry Average 155

SAAB 158

Saturn (RIP) 164

BMW 165

GMC 165

Chrysler 166

Kia 167

Volvo 167

Hummer (RIP) 169

Jag 175

Chevy 176

Nissan 180

Audi 182 (Jones take note)

Dodge 190

Pontiac (RIP) 192

Mazda 195

Scion 201

Mitsubishi 202

Mini 203 (no surprises here)

Jeep 222

VW 225 (Again, Jones)

Suzuki 253

Land Rover 255 (no surprises here either)

edit: obviously the manufacturers that produce on the largest scale have the best chance to offset their problem cars by producing large numbers of cars with very few problems, but looking at brands like Porsche and Subaru you realize they make a very quality vehicle. Now hopefully some of that Porsche reliability rubs off on the Volkswagen AG cars.

You drive an Audi and a Land Rover and dare talk about reliability of American vehicles. Wow.

I never said anything about reliability. I was talking about quality. To me there is a big difference. Which is exactly why I own the vehicles that I do.

What would the American compition be for my S4? Let's even say it was an A4. I'd be rocking a Cadillac Deville? Lincoln Towncar? Ford Taurus? All of which are quality vehicles, sought the world over, known for being innovative and class leading. Just over all quality vehicles.

The LR3, what american competition does it have? A blazer? Tahoe? H3? Those are also all very nice, lovely cheap all plastic interiors, if you were lucky you probably got the plastic wood trim, very nice. Throw in the optional low quality leather seats and who would choose anything else? Plus those are also know for being masters of offroading.

Modern cars are all for the most part equally reliable. But if you get a car that has more to it, more complex, of course it has more things that can possibly go wrong. You think the EGT sensors and turbos are going to go bad on a taurus? How about the ride height control on a blazer?

You guys can go and defend American cars all you want, but the facts prove otherwise. The big 3 (now the big 2) was in trouble for a reason, for making shit, unattractive cars that most people don't want for way too long.

What would the American compition be for my S4? Let's even say it was an A4.

CTS-V

The LR3, what american competition does it have?

Depends, are you looking for the ultimate off roader? Jeep Wrangler. But those aren't really cross shopped, as that is a different market.

Name any other maker that makes what Land/Range Rover makes. Maybe a Land Crusier, but that's not even close. Luxury SUV's from everyone else are not as off-road oriented. But NONE of them are as big of a POS as a Land/Range Rover. And this has been a consistent trend for MANY years.

Name any other maker that makes what Land/Range Rover makes. Maybe a Land Crusier, but that's not even close. Luxury SUV's from everyone else are not as off-road oriented. But NONE of them are as big of a POS as a Land/Range Rover. And this has been a consistent trend for MANY years.

+1

CTS-V

Depends, are you looking for the ultimate off roader? Jeep Wrangler. But those aren't really cross shopped, as that is a different market.

CTS-V wasnt even around when my S4 was out, and like jones said, no AWD.

As for being a big POS, well that's your opinion. The earlier models were great, if not the best, for doing what they were designed to do. No they weren't the most reliable things ever, but were capable of a lot more than most others. Now for the LR3's and newer range rover's they are built a shit ton better, even better at off roading and a shit ton nicer. You're also basing your opinion off of hear say.

Anything that's an SUV with 4WD is in competition with Land Rover (mostly), but LR stands out for a reason. I don't buy shit just to buy shit, there is a reason for it. A car is a machine/tool and I want what I think is the best for what I'm looking for, at a price I can afford of course. Also in my family we've had almost every type of car from every country that makes cars (benefit of growing up in another country), so I take from experience as well. From Alfa, to Dodge, Ford, Opel, Mitsu, LR, Mercedes, BMW, Toyota, Cadillac, Renault...and out of all of those the American ones are the ones I dislike the most.

I'm perfectly willing to admit that by and large, Japanese manufacturers make more reliable car. However, its not as if Lincoln was an outlier of the relaibility study; here's the list.

Problems per 100 vehicles

Porsche 110

Lincoln 114

Buick 115

Lexus 115

Mercury (RIP) 121

Toyota 128 (although one of those was a biiiiiig problem)

Honda 132

Ford 141

Benz 142

Acura 143

Hyundai 148

Cadillac 150

Infiniti 150

Subaru 155

-------------Industry Average 155

SAAB 158

Saturn (RIP) 164

BMW 165

GMC 165

Chrysler 166

Kia 167

Volvo 167

Hummer (RIP) 169

Jag 175

Chevy 176

Nissan 180

Audi 182 (Jones take note)

Dodge 190

Pontiac (RIP) 192

Mazda 195

Scion 201

Mitsubishi 202

Mini 203 (no surprises here)

Jeep 222

VW 225 (Again, Jones)

Suzuki 253

Land Rover 255 (no surprises here either)

edit: obviously the manufacturers that produce on the largest scale have the best chance to offset their problem cars by producing large numbers of cars with very few problems, but looking at brands like Porsche and Subaru you realize they make a very quality vehicle. Now hopefully some of that Porsche reliability rubs off on the Volkswagen AG cars.

Do you have a link to this article? I'm interested in where you found this.

GTFO, This isnt' a discussion about some 25 year old Rustangs.

Yet I didn't even bring them up ...

Does your family think your extra cool cuz of your Internet skills? Or do they know how u act on here ?? I'll bet when you read this you will have an " offline" or text conversation about this thread,,, did you read what that douche typed ...

Insignificant dot dot dot

Yet I didn't even bring them up ...

Does your family think your extra cool cuz of your Internet skills? Or do they know how u act on here ?? I'll bet when you read this you will have an " offline" or text conversation about this thread,,, did you read what that douche typed ...

Insignificant dot dot dot

<3

25 yr old cars got me thinking jones ... What did Audi make 25 hrs ago that still has a huge following? Or even half the aftermarket..

I like the cars (Audi) just as anything they have a stereo type that drive them.. Mustang is grove city audi is can't afford amg ...

25 yr old cars got me thinking jones ... What did Audi make 25 hrs ago that still has a huge following? Or even half the aftermarket..

I like the cars (Audi) just as anything they have a stereo type that drive them.. Mustang is grove city audi is can't afford amg ...

Ahem, UR QUATTRO.