by march 15 i will have 5700 dollars in bills paid for and checked off!!

2pointslow

So i have been working realy hard to pay off my bills. I have had 7300 in debt ( 1700 was credit cards) in 2010. By march i will be paying off the remaining amount of 5700. This has been a burden for my life in 2010, i am excited to see this go away and i did it all without touching my savings account.

now its time to start making double payments on my car and get that paid off as well.

who else has paid down or off unnecessary debt this year?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as soon as i get my tax return, ill be paying my sister back 5k (she gave that to me to help purchase my house)

with the remaining money and the money i have, im going to pay off all 3 credit cards which totals about 12,000

its going to be nice to have all that paid off but then im going to go right back into debt because my girl wants an 08 trail blazer lol

as soon as i get my tax return, ill be paying my sister back 5k (she gave that to me to help purchase my house)

with the remaining money and the money i have, im going to pay off all 3 credit cards which totals about 12,000

its going to be nice to have all that paid off but then im going to go right back into debt because my girl wants an 08 trail blazer lol

dang man, good for you.

Congrats to OP, props on getting a handle on things and not just looking the other way.

IF things go as planned.... we will be debt free (COMPLETELY) in 18 months.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

IMO, not possible if you own a home...

On that note, I'm debt free besides a mortgage, but to quote killjoy, "IF things go as planned...I will be debt free (COMPLETELY) in 12 years.

LOL

IMO, not possible if you own a home...

you dont think its possible to pay off a house? unless you're talking about taxes and shit, but thats not "debt"

but im pretty lucky i dont really have any (what i consider) debt. paid my car off a couple years ago, bought my explorer to haul stuff with cash, paid my gym membership in full in may...all i have at this point is my mortgage, car insurance, cell phone, and whatever i put on my gas card monthly that i pay off each month.

you dont think its possible to pay off a house? unless you're talking about taxes and shit, but thats not "debt"

No, I know it's possible, I listed it as possible for me in ~12 years. I don't think being debt free in 18 months is possible.....if you own a home.

C'mon Evan....read. lol. ;)

No, I know it's possible, I listed it as possible for me in ~12 years. I don't think being debt free in 18 months is possible.....if you own a home.

C'mon Evan....read. lol. ;)

why not though? whos to say he doesn't make a shit load of money or is already close to paying the house off in the next year, and 6 months of mortgage payments going to other bills to be debt free?

why not though? whos to say he doesn't make a shit load of money or is already close to paying the house off in the next year, and 6 months of mortgage payments going to other bills to be debt free?

I agree, anything's possible, but like I said, IMO it's not possible or common for most people.

I've got $6k in cc debt and $900 in student loans. I'm in the positive by a couple grand on the jeep so I'm thinking of selling it, so what I make off that along with my tax return should knock out most of my credit card. Then a couple months of big payments should finish that debt off, at which point I can jump into another, cheaper, car loan.

If I keep going at my current rate It will be YEARS before anything actually gets paid off.