Ken Block's New WRC Car

Rally Pat

The first rally, Rally Sweden, starts today and goes all weekend. Looking at a quick blurb from him about the car, it looks like he's trying to be a little more conservative. He talks about braking too early and taking time to get up to speed in the car. Hopefully he won't immediately crash out.

I can finally look at the vids now that I'm home. THe reveal is cool. That's one sick looking Fiesta. Too bad Ford only sells a 96lb weakling version. With all the visibility Block is going to be giving the Fiesta, you'd think they'd realize they could sell some AWD Turbo versions. Oh well.

I want a "Hoonigan on Board" sticker!

No one said he was, but he has done more for the sport than anyone since probably McRae started driving.

+1

Never thought he was exceptionally good. He stuffed his car quite a few times in Rally America. And the Gymkhana vids were edited like crazy from tons of failed attempts. Honestly, give me a 500awhp unrestricted rally car that I don't have to pay for if I wreck, an abandoned airfield, and a weekend, and I'll pull off most of the Gymkhana stunts.

But his showmanship has brought a LOT of attention to Rally racing. For that, I can deal with him.

As for his finish in yesterday's first stage, 16th is not all that bad for a first time out in a new car on a snow stage with loose snow. He went out early so the track wasn't as cleared as it was for some of the guys after. At least he didn't stuff it.