Okay so i got a ticket-----NOT SPEEDING

John Bruh

There is a road by my house which connects refugee to broad street (its a pretty good short cut), well the road is fully paved, marked, everything, but its got a road closed sign up. The road closed sign up is only at the broad street enterence, there are just cones at the enterence by refugee.

I was driving on it sunday going to my house when a Pataskala police office was driving down refugee saw me, pulled in a gave me a ticket for driving on a closed road.

1st question: Is driving on a closed road a moving violation (i would assume so because it involved driving, but idk)

2nd question: Can I get out of it.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k158/9t1tsi/IMG_20110213_164956.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k158/9t1tsi/IMG_20110213_165016.jpg

Yes its a moving Violation

And the odds of getting out of it are slim.. there is no good reason for you to be driving on a closed road.

However this is my advice to you...

Go to court..

Ask to speak to the prosecutor..

show here these pics..

ask if you can have it dropped to a equipment violation.

then youll plead guilty to that and have a small fine.

That last picture to me is plain as day. That road is not closed. There's no sign and the lane isn't blocked in any way.

Good luck. I don't fault the cop for ticketing you since he might not have known the state of the barrels at the one end. Although I wish cops would just listen reason every once in a while. Hopefully the prosecutor is reasonable.

So you saw the sign and still went in on the side with the sign up. I'd say you might not be getting out of this one.

but i only entered knowing that this side of the road was like that. When i exited the other side i didnt bother to look behind and look for a sign, there were barrells like this.

Edited by John Bruh