Best Steak...

nurkvinny

Lots of good steak places mentioned.

Since Marzetti's on Broad closed, The Top has been my favorite. It's like a trip back to 1958. It doesn't try to be retro .... it just hasn't changed since then. Dark wood paneling, amber lenses in the wall sconces, fireplace at one end and bar at the other, rat pack playing on the sound system, three martinis before the steak. Ask the waitress for butter on your baked potato and she'll plop a dollop of butter the size of your fist on it and sweetly ask, Do you want more, honey?"

Just talking about it wants me want to fire up a cigar. :)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of good steak places mentioned.

Since Marzetti's on Broad closed, The Top has been my favorite. It's like a trip back to 1958. It doesn't try to be retro .... it just hasn't changed since then. Dark wood paneling, amber lenses in the wall sconces, fireplace at one end and bar at the other, rat pack playing on the sound system, three martinis before the steak. Ask the waitress for butter on your baked potato and she'll plop a dollop of butter the size of your fist on it and sweetly ask, Do you want more, honey?"

Just talking about it wants me want to fire up a cigar. :)

Talked me into it.

Haven't read the whole thread, so I don't know if this was recommended yet or not, but The Elevator has a steak called The Rock Filet that I absolutely love. They bring you the filet on a wooden plank with a soapstone heated to 400 degrees, you basically cut up the filet, sear the bites to your liking, and eat it. They also have a couple delicious dipping sauces to try as well. Highly recommend it.

To those who've had bad experiences at Mitchell's please specify which one. Management at the two locations is very different and I imagine one would be better than the other.

The Mitchell's at Polaris has a very nice outdoor patio. Yes, you're next to the parkway so its not quiet or beautiful or anything, but in the summer its a really nice place to have a meal because NO ONE ever elects to sit outside.

To those who've had bad experiences at Mitchell's please specify which one. Management at the two locations is very different and I imagine one would be better than the other.

The Mitchell's at Polaris has a very nice outdoor patio. Yes, you're next to the parkway so its not quiet or beautiful or anything, but in the summer its a really nice place to have a meal because NO ONE ever elects to sit outside.

I have eaten at all of their locations and have been let down by every one. Especially the Polaris location. I went within the first 2 weeks of it opening and haven't been back. Seriously, for the cut of strip I was served I would rather have been at Texas Roadhouse. At least there you get free rolls.

Polaris Grill is just down the street and has a better patio, better steaks and better service. But, if you want the best steak on Polaris you cannot beat Eddie Merlot's. Have you eaten there yet?

-Marc

I have eaten at all of their locations and have been let down by every one. Especially the Polaris location. I went within the first 2 weeks of it opening and haven't been back. Seriously, for the cut of strip I was served I would rather have been at Texas Roadhouse. At least there you get free rolls.

Polaris Grill is just down the street and has a better patio, better steaks and better service. But, if you want the best steak on Polaris you cannot beat Eddie Merlot's. Have you eaten there yet?

-Marc

Same here. I went to Mitchels at Polaris when it first opened and I was not impressed at all. I have not been back since. 100.00 for average steak just didnt sit to well with me.

-Marc

I wasn't too impressed by Eddie Merlot's, but it could be that I had a poor relationship with the manager at the time (he was a dick) and that subconsciously influenced my opinion.

I'm surprised about your experience with Mitchell's Polaris. I can say with certainty that it's better now, as they get all the same produce as Ruth's Chris (their new owners). I will say their service suffers when they are entertaining corporate groups because they flat out don't give a shit about walk-in customers compared to a corp group.