New AudiFag - The PussyWagon has arrived

ForeverMaker

My new daily...

2001 A6 Wagon with AWD and all the options. V6 Auto (would have loved a manual but I hear those are hard to find.)

Crazy deal I could just not pass up. Original owner and all maintenance done.

Plans:

Full interior detail this weekend. Then treat the leather seats and wrap them overnight, etc. Buff/polish out the paint this spring.

Tint, drop, and rims this summer depending on what I find. Will probably leave stock aside from that.

audi.jpg

Jones where are you at to school me? What should I look for?

Known issue:

Car does not lock. Owner has the door part that will supposedly fix this on order and will give it to me when it arrives. Any insight on that?

Assuming this is a 2.8...

Pluses:

* 2.8 is dead reliable so long as you keep the Timing Belt changed and oil in it

* 2.8 is too weak to prematurely destroy the torque converter on the 5spd tiptragic.

Minus's:

* 2.8 is slow

* Check for suspension bushing / CV boot wear/ issue.

* Any transmission replacement, if not, last fluid change ?

As far as the locking system goes, can you go into better detail:

IE: Won't lock with remote, or at all.

Does it unlock just fine if manually locked ?

Thanks for the info.

Timing belt & water pump were recently done.

I will have to check on when the trans fluid was done.

Locking issue: Car will not lock/stay locked at all via the key fob or manually. Again, supposedly the part is coming in and goes in the door. Some sort of module? It was dealer diagnosed so hopefully they are right. Haven't had too much time to fool with it yet.

My '00 Passat had the clip break off of the window regulator, drivers' side window fell inside of the door. $6 part and a light evening of wrenching fixed everything.

Reason I say that is it's an easy job getting the door panel off and fixing the locking mechanism.

2.8L doesn't like shitty BP gas from the TA station off of I-70 in Hebron. Ask me how I know... :)

Ballllllinnnnn

I think with tint, dark wheels, and blacked out badges/debadged, that color might not be all that bad.

So you would black out the badges on a car with brushed window trim and brushed roof rails? That's bad taste.

Never understood people who did that.

So you would black out the badges on a car with brushed window trim and brushed roof rails? That's bad taste.

Never understood people who did that.

Well sir I didn't want to have a mile long sentence with a thousand commas, but if the badges were removed or blacked out I would most certainly do the same to the window trim and either remove or black out the roof rails as well. However, the more I look at the car I think I'd just slam it on polished CCW classics or something similar and leave the trim alone and windows clear. I think the bright details would be more fitting with that color.

Well sir I didn't want to have a mile long sentence with a thousand commas, but if the badges were removed or blacked out I would most certainly do the same to the window trim and either remove or black out the roof rails as well. However, the more I look at the car I think I'd just slam it on polished CCW classics or something similar and leave the trim alone and windows clear. I think the bright details would be more fitting with that color.

I knew you had it in you!

Congrats!