another newb

10phone2

I do respect and appreciate the comments/time to correct me, but I don't post pictures of my car or family online. If I don't get approved due to that.... I understand and respect that rules are rules.

mfw:

http://fm.theoffside.com/files/2009/02/wil-smith-serious-face.jpg

I do respect and appreciate the comments/time to correct me, but I don't post pictures of my car or family online. If I don't get approved due to that.... I understand and respect that rules are rules.

then post a picture of a car off google-images that looks like your car. nevermind, says your into old toyotas. you don't even mention what type of car you drive.

pretend you're interviewing for a job---say mcdonalds. the people interviewing you have just asked you why you think you'd be a good fit to work here and you just answered "because i like happy meal toys". you're going to have to give us some more info about yourself or your car(s). no one cares to see a picture of your life partner, so i think you're safe in that regard.

Really? Fuck me. Post a damn pic of your car. If you read the forum rules and you feel you cannot comply, then why are you here? It's possible to blur any indentifying features or, as mentioned above, you can post a pic of 'stock photo' car or the like. Use some imagination. Christ, you didn't even mention what you drive? Why should we reveal our passions to you when you cannot even share with us? A stranger who remains a stranger is never a friend. Maybe, it's late and I'm tired... but I'm watching you... :ninja:

Jesse, there are many members here who have similar car interests as you do. Some here mod the old school Japanese cars, some slam them, some performance mod and race them and some keep them bone stock. I think you'd find there's a wealth of information in the members here. Some were born in Japan or lived there at some point.

It seems to me that Columbus Racing has a lot of integrity in its rules and the way they're administered. Unless you already know members here who will vouch for you, it's a difficult group to join unless you either show us your past or present cars or tell us what your interest in joining is.

Pay no attention to people wanting your girlfriend's picture. That's comic relief from the trolls. No one wants to stalk you. But it isn't unreasonable for people on a car site to want to see your car (with license plate blurred, if you want) or at least know the kind of car it is and what you've done to it. Anyone seeing your car driving down the street or parked at a car show or meet is going to have more information than you've shared so far.

You seem to have a respectful attitude and can take the kidding in stride, so I hope you choose to stick with your intro thread and join. Post some info and pics and I'll + rep you.

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/8a_bw.jpg

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/7_s2.jpg

http://www.ohiocustoms.com is a site that might be better for you. You might as well log off and never even try to get back on here. you are about to get e-raped long, hard, and slow.

http://www.ohiocustoms.com is a site that might be better for you. You might as well log off and never even try to get back on here. you are about to get e-raped long, hard, and slow.

That's another thing that's great about CR. You can always count on the Admins to be supportive. :nono:

I guess I chose the losing side, once again.

That's another thing that's great about CR. You can always count on the Admins to be supportive. :nono:

I guess I chose the losing side, once again.

I try to be, but when you come out directly and say you are not going to follow the rules there is no support to give.

Now I have to deal with the 8 page flame war that will break out, posts from the oven trolls, reported posts, and god knows what else will come from this thread.

Doc you have inspired me to show some charity today to this noob.

Ok here is the deal, if new person can follow how to post an intro without posting pictures I will give +rep.

Give me a bullshit excuse and it will be time to bust out the 9mm ban hammer gat.

I try to be, but when you come out directly and say you are not going to follow the rules there is no support to give.

Now I have to deal with the 8 page flame war that will break out, posts from the oven trolls, reported posts, and god knows what else will come from this thread.

Doc you have inspired me to show some charity today to this noob.

Ok here is the deal, if new person can follow how to post an intro without posting pictures I will give +rep.

Give me a bullshit excuse and it will be time to bust out the 9mm ban hammer gat.

That's more than fair, IMHO. I guess I don't see this thread as having the potential of an 8 page flame war, but you're the boss--you have the option (and maybe even the responsibility?) of deleting anything in this thread which you feel is off topic or unproductive. Maybe I stepped over the line to be supportive. I don't presume to speak for CR. Feel free to delete my posts, no hard feelings here.

I don't know who this noob is. He said he just moved here last year, which might explain why he doesn't know anyone in the scene. I thought he started out okay, asking to join, no chip on his shoulder, maybe a bit overprotective about his info. But then again, in our instruction thread, we caution about posting any personal pics that could later come back to haunt. And remember, he was being asked for pics of his girlfriend.

I think that some of the guys who get turned off by the CR attitude would be people that, if we met them initially in person, we'd be happy to have as members.

Doc, I feel the same as you, and routinely delete anti-newb posts and ban those people from intro threads. I've said in public and in the backroom that newb-bashing is bullshit and needs to end.

To be honest, I just got tired of "Modding" this section.

A friendly nudge in the direction of the Rules sticky is completely cool. But, half the people doing the bashing would have failed in a fiery mess if CR had came at them like they are doing to the newb.

:lol: paranoid much.

Look we have rules here you can follow them an get in or you can't follow them an you will. Not get into the site.

Random fact of the day hyundais on 20s are fucking gayyyy

e-rape long and slow. lol. What ever floats your boat. j/k

This is close to what I am working on now. I prefer the older Cressida's because they weigh 2400 pounds fully loaded and there is a ton of weight to get rid of. They also have a solid rear end so I can use the Toyota Truck rear ends that have a huge aftermarket support for. Plus it's 4 doors so I can still have fun and still get the kids in and out.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc510/chrisj011/imagesqtbnANd9GcRUXM9voyq_eEyLTXbgtbCR31J5GB-4HfD3MrTcm6PLF_YU9_Xu-g.jpg

I prefer to tinker with 4m/5m/7m engines. Yes I know there are the jz engines, but the arrogance that comes with those engines gives me a headache. Yes I am aware of the uz engine engines, but it's too many parts to replace if I grenade an engine.

My next project will will be in god knows how long(with white walls, roof rack, and a turbo 1fz engine):

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc510/chrisj011/1967-Toyota-Corona.jpg

I am not that much into the wide rims, but the styling of the car is up my alley. Simply done and well thought out.

Edited by 10phone2
screwed it up.
  • Downvote 1

Doc, I feel the same as you, and routinely delete anti-newb posts and ban those people from intro threads. I've said in public and in the backroom that newb-bashing is bullshit and needs to end.

To be honest, I just got tired of "Modding" this section.

A friendly nudge in the direction of the Rules sticky is completely cool. But, half the people doing the bashing would have failed in a fiery mess if CR had came at them like they are doing to the newb.

I am going to ask Anthony today if there is a way to ban the oven trolls, I can't find one and I don't want to blow up CR looking and messing with settings.

My beef is people who can't/won't follow the rules. I would like to just see the site 100% open and get rid of trouble makers as needed.