XBOX 360 Guru's, let's talk

Mojoe

This is an in home networking issue, to include XBOX live.

I want to watch netflix in the bedroom through xbox live. I have everything in the living room already set up and working fine. I have a second 360, and all the wiring is done and hooked up to the net and a tv in the bedroom.

The issue:

Apparently you can't log into XBOX live from different consoles without recovering your gamer tag each time. Huge pain in the ass and takes away from what I wanted over all. I'm not trying to run both systems at the same time. I don't want to set up another account and that is all it prompts me to do. I recovered the tag last night and got the netflixs code to authorize the unit and it worked fine once I downloaded the required updates. Then I had to recover my tag to play in the living room today.

I just like to watch a movie when I go to bed. Is there a way to do this that I'm over looking?

Thanks

You can go buy a cheep blue ray player for less then a 100 bucks an watch your net flix threw that way. Almost all of them will support netflix. Good thing about net flix accounds is you can use it on multiple systems. This would be the easier way to do it (just is gonna cost u some money but hey now ull have a blue ray player)

Ok, saved to thumb drive, and moved to other XBOX, and still nothing. Even moved the profile to the HD just to try it, and nothing. It did save to the thumb drive, but then takes it from the living room XBOX because it only gives the option to MOVE the profile to a storage device, or delete it.

You can go buy a cheep blue ray player for less then a 100 bucks an watch your net flix threw that way. Almost all of them will support netflix. Good thing about net flix accounds is you can use it on multiple systems. This would be the easier way to do it (just is gonna cost u some money but hey now ull have a blue ray player)

This defeats the ability to play xbox, watch netflix, or play lastFM all from the same device that should allow me to do it. I do not want to clutter the area with another device, I'm pretty sure there is a way to do this. I just don't know the exacts. I do Know it's pissing me off.

I've run my profile off a USB drive before with no issue. The "move" option is what you want Joe. MS doesnt seem to want your profile to exist in more than 1 place at once. So, "Move" your profile to the USB drive, when you power on your Xbox scroll to the "Sign In" tab and sign in as normal. No need to move your profile back and forth from the USB drive.

As close as that is, that didn't work for me. There is a transfer profile option I did, along with what Anthony said. Once I got it to boot on the one in the bedroom off the flash, then I just powered it off and recovered the gamer tag in the living room. That was a one time thing. Now they both boot my profile and access Netflix fine.

Thanks

Why don't you just remove and install the xbox hard drive between both devices? No USB stick needed. Or just move the whole console if you already have identical hookups in both rooms? Make sure the power supply puts out the same voltage. Some of the Xboxes have different power supplies.

Why don't you just remove and install the xbox hard drive between both devices? No USB stick needed. Or just move the whole console if you already have identical hookups in both rooms? Make sure the power supply puts out the same voltage. Some of the Xboxes have different power supplies.

Couple reasons:

One, I don't want to do that. It's there for convince and if I'm messing with things every time I want to use it, that's not convenient. It can work without having two and I needed to get it figured out how to do it.

Two, the 360 in the living room is a slim and the one in the bed room is an older HDMI one that I picked up for $50. Therefore, the hard drives are not a quick swap out. I have done this with my old set up of two older 360's.

I do appreciate all this input here. Please understand, I don't get much down time. So when I do, I wanted this luxury. If it didn't work this way, it would not have been worth it to me.

Well I suggest the USB or an xbox360 memory card. I haven't tried USB to boot my profile but I do use it to watch movies. I do have an old 360 memory card and it does have my profile on it. Steps are almost like the link Fubar231 played. I can load my profile to any 360 even without a hard drive with the memory card :)

Edit: Buy this I dare you http://www.bonanza.com/booths/dealstartshere/items/_64MB__Xbox_360_Memory_Card__Memory