Schmuck and I got bored today.

flounder

Like the title says.. we got bored and hit the local range.

Results are below.. I would say around the 50 sec mark is where it gets decent..By the way, this is a completely unmodified AR like you could buy at any shop or if you already have one.. Nothing was done to this rifle at all for it to be able to fire like this. You can hear schmuck giving his commentary in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZTO_0K6wek

Nice video, funny how the ar seemed to "jam" LOL!

Ya what's that all about, Flounder? Dont tell me it's having issues with that wonderful brass you must shoot out of it. No issues with steel here.

The Darby

Thanks

It wasnt jamming.. because of the way you have to hold it to get it to shoot like that, the firing pin wont always completely engage the primer due to the fast cyclic rate..It would just dimple the primer.. It didnt jam at all. You have to understand, this is a semi auto trying to fire almost full just by the way you hold it. Some issues are bound to come up. This was also my first time ever tying to shoot like this.

Edited by flounder

Ya what's that all about, Flounder? Dont tell me it's having issues with that wonderful brass you must shoot out of it. No issues with steel here.

Thanks

First off, the AR has no sear pin to jam the firing pin and bolt carrier forward to seat and engage the primer correctly, so therefore with any AR without some mods will not engage the primer right and dimple thus not firing. Also take into considertaion that he was using cheap federal ammo that I am pretty sure wouldnt shoot even in semi auto.

Putty, i dare you to bump fire laquered steel case ammo.