FS: BMW E30 w/ turbo 5.0 swap

nurkvinny

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries. Best of luck with the sale!!

Thank you.

Never noticed Sam had the Kenny sticker on it :cool::cool:

First thing I said to Sam when we put it in my garage.

Lookin foward to seeing this beast this week

Ditto. I forgot to get the BOV brand/info for you when I was back out in the garage. Until I get it for you or Sam reads this...

It's new-looking and shiny. :p

Guest GMoney

Damn, I wanted this car before. Sam how fast did this car car go in the quarter and at what boost level? PM or text me if you dont want to post it.

I have the cash just was gonna spend it on a bike this spring.

Damn, I wanted this car before. Sam how fast did this car car go in the quarter and at what boost level? PM or text me if you dont want to post it.

I have the cash just was gonna spend it on a bike this spring.

I have a video of a 138mph pass on an eaaaaassyyyy launch.

Sam would have to answer what he was or wasn't boosting that day.

If I remember, it was 19-20# of boost. I have seen 22# a few times. It needs a trans brake to get it to launch alil better. I was just foot braking it.

I think this was the best pass. I cant see what it is or remember. It looks like a 10 sec one.

More action video. I never turned the car up on the street. All races were done on wastegate which is 13#.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/some-slow-some-fast_2027499.htm

Edited by nurkvinny

If I remember, it was 19-20# of boost. I have seen 22# a few times. It needs a trans brake to get it to launch alil better. I was just foot braking it.

I think this was the best pass. I cant see what it is or remember. It looks like a 10 sec one.

]

looked like a 10.65 to me

Looked for the tech thread and couldn't find it... Anyone check the torque of the lower intake manifold bolts? Could be a vacuum leak there- disconnect the tps (should put it in closed loop IIRC) and spray some carb cleaner. Also check the chassis grounds- especially the MAF sensor ground.

I want this but I am in about the same boat as you- I hardly drive my fun car at all anymore- well I didn't drive it that much to begin with as I bought it a few weeks before we found out were pregnant with number one- and I already have 3 cars and a 2 car garage.

I wish I had the money because I would buy it, I highly doubt you would like to trade for a notch with a cage and other good stuff

Ya never know. Shoot me some info / pics. nurkvinny@yahoo.com

Looked for the tech thread and couldn't find it... Anyone check the torque of the lower intake manifold bolts? Could be a vacuum leak there- disconnect the tps (should put it in closed loop IIRC) and spray some carb cleaner. Also check the chassis grounds- especially the MAF sensor ground.

I want this but I am in about the same boat as you- I hardly drive my fun car at all anymore- well I didn't drive it that much to begin with as I bought it a few weeks before we found out were pregnant with number one- and I already have 3 cars and a 2 car garage.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90051&page=2

Thanks, I'll check those things out. I thought about pulling the upper off because it would make it sooo much easier to look on rear of motor for vacuum leaks (and intake gasket leaks).

badass car, whats used to tune it?

Dynotune Motorsports, I think. :)

A chip burn system like fox bodies.

oh cool

anyways, its a sweet car and im in the market for another toy, i will be getting my tax return back here in the next couple days, i just need to figure out if i want to do something responsible with some of the money or fun lol

LOL at the bimmer getting tossed around the pataskala area. Its safe man, no worries. Just put good gas in it and let it eat. You wont be disappointed.

When I pulled out of Dan's neighborhood, went 1.nothing miles and was passing your house, "Pataskala Whore" popped in my head.

I had to do a lot of soul searching late last night, but in the end, I can tinker with the fox, take some family in it, yadda, yadda.