I can has interwebs?

Akula

He lives on te outskirts of Hilliard, it's not like he lives in the middle of nowhere, house on his street have been there for at least the last teno years, he'll they live just down the street from hilliards new high school, lines should be available to them, IMHO.

He lives on te outskirts of Hilliard, it's not like he lives in the middle of nowhere, house on his street have been there for at least the last teno years, he'll they live just down the street from hilliards new high school, lines should be available to them, IMHO.

That is your opinion - Not the opinion of TWC. I know plenty of people who live out that way and bitch about it all the time. The real issue is that was an Adelphia area out there - and Adelphia never upgraded their plant in that area past 550mhz. Ask Joe - you need 750 to run HSD.

So for us to build out to that area or upgrade it - it will cost well northbound of $100,000. Does it make much business sense to invest 100k into an area where the return for the next 20 years may never hit that? We build out our plant to pass 30 houses per node, maybe. Not worth it.

There is a reason rural areas don't have broadband - it costs too much to build the infrastructure to support it. Though as the consumer - you never see nor care about that figure, you just expect a company to lose money to provide you service.

Yes, I am in Hilliard right by the new High School. There is a 400 home development building up 3/4 of a mile away. The ATT plant is old here, so is TWC. Since both of these technologies are dependent on a transport medium that I cannot breath, I had to go with one that is. I have both packages bundled together. It is smoking fast and I can stream 2 movies at once with no problem.

When I built this house I called TWC and said "I would like to have Road Runner." The sales person on the phone looked at my area took my order, dispatched a truck and they did the install. Eventually I asked where the Ethernet jack was and they said they would be out later that week. Then, we learned our order was canceled, not because they called but because no one showed up. I called and was told that it wasn't available in this location. So I dug up the cable and coiled it out by the road.

If TWC wanted to stop upgrading their current plant to turbo speed, and deliver me Road Runner, I would sign up. Hell I would sign up for a 5 year agreement. They don't want to make the long-term investment and that is why every house on my street has a satellite dish. The only cable available out here is non HD channels and below channel 100. I am not dissing the TWC model, I am just calling it as I see it.

Yes, I am in Hilliard right by the new High School. There is a 400 home development building up 3/4 of a mile away. The ATT plant is old here, so is TWC. Since both of these technologies are dependent on a transport medium that I cannot breath, I had to go with one that is. I have both packages bundled together. It is smoking fast and I can stream 2 movies at once with no problem.

When I built this house I called TWC and said "I would like to have Road Runner." The sales person on the phone looked at my area took my order, dispatched a truck and they did the install. Eventually I asked where the Ethernet jack was and they said they would be out later that week. Then, we learned our order was canceled, not because they called but because no one showed up. I called and was told that it wasn't available in this location. So I dug up the cable and coiled it out by the road.

If TWC wanted to stop upgrading their current plant to turbo speed, and deliver me Road Runner, I would sign up. Hell I would sign up for a 5 year agreement. They don't want to make the long-term investment and that is why every house on my street has a satellite dish. The only cable available out here is non HD channels and below channel 100. I am not dissing the TWC model, I am just calling it as I see it.

You also have to understand that some CSR over the phone is only a best guess. Adelphia used to run that area out of Canan...it is shit plant. It is only 550mhz plant. We don't need to upgrade our plant to Turbo Speed - that is changing values in a file.

We don't even need to upgrade our plant to support Docsis 3.0 - just get rid of old analog channels. We will eventually make the investment out there - it is project number 9,999 of 10,000. Providing service to an additional 20-50 people at the cost it will take is not number 1 priority by any means.

I know that we are low priority, but my initial statement still rings true. At my house, TWC can't do it.

If they want to bring and upgrade out this way, they will now have competition with satellite, wimax and microwave. Media is causing too many problems and is slowly going away. Put it in the air.

Wonder if I can get that out here in the sticks? AT&T is the only actual provider out here and I can only get their basic dsl. The shit they don't even advertise because it's so slow lol

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1194728212.png