Building an 8.8, what parts

BDHG940

Getting ready to do the rear suspension and rebuild the 8.8 in my notch. Its going to be making pretty good power so I want to make sure I just do it once. I do plan on driving it on the streets so I dont want to set it up just full blown for the track.

Those that have built setups for similar applications and high hp, what do you recommend?

I did a 31 spline cobra diff with carbon fiber clutches, mosers, frpp gears, jegs diff girdle, in the mach1 and everyone saw how well it held up under all the abuse at the track days over a hundred passes on slicks, all 1.5-1.6 60' short times on 450 whp

I did a 31 spline cobra diff with carbon fiber clutches, mosers, frpp gears, jegs diff girdle, in the mach1 and everyone saw how well it held up under all the abuse at the track days over a hundred passes on slicks, all 1.5-1.6 60' short times on 450 whp

I will second the cobra diff with carbon clutches, moser 31-spline axles, and frpp gears. I have a ford racing girdle, but that came with the rear end. It doesn't have to be crazy to hold up to decent power levels.

It will be min of 650-700 wheel and I was looking at some of the detriot rear end products. I really just dont want a locker as I will drive it some on the streets still and dont want anything too annoying. I have 31 spline axles already so just need to figure out what diff I want to run so I can get it bought.

I had eaton 31 spline LSD, mosers, TA girdle, FRPP gears in my coupe well- the rearend did make a "binding" noise/feel in parking maneuvers but was very stout... fwiw my dad's c6 did the exact same thing and they put a revised fluid in it at the dealership under some tsb and it silenced it.

FWIW I think the cobra diff is made by eaton.