WTB: Wakeboard Boat

Nitrousbird

Well, things are getting paid off, getting a fat tax return – time to upgrade boats.

THIS MUST BE A WAKEBOARD BOAT. Not some stern drive with a tower slapped onto it. A true V-drive wakeboard boat (I-drive / direct drives are NOT wakeboard boats – those are ski boats no matter how much the owners want you to think otherwise).

Requirements (I will not budge on any of these):

- 2000 or newer, though there are very few pre-2000 wakeboard boats out there, so that’s easy.

- Fuel injected, but very few are carbed, so again easy.

- Tower, but that’s a given

- Integrated ballast tanks. Minimum of rear tank, would prefer multiple

- $25,000 or less

- Good condition. No major repairs needed. Anything major needs to be at a significant discount in price – I need a boat, not a project.

- Within 300 miles of Central Ohio (may be flexible on this if I can’t find anything local in the next 2 months)

Preferences (wants, but not deal breakers):

- 22’ or bigger

- Dual or triple axle trailer with fold in tongue

- Decent sound system, with tower speakers/lights

- Good color combo

- Perfect Pass, or something similar

- Under 300 hours

- LSx based motor (this I would even consider going slightly over budget for)

- 2005 or newer

- Heater

- Mastercraft, Malibu, Ski Nautique, Supra, and MB Sports are preferred brands, though I’m open to others like Centurion, Gekko, Moomba, etc.

If you know of any around that meet what I am looking for, please send me info, post a link, etc.

I would sell mine for 24.5k. The interior is cracking in places but it is still totally usable. Total Sign from this board said he could help re do interior in a few months if interested. I love the boat but with the baby on the way I could do better things with the money. As I'm sitting here typing this I am starting to have second thoughts about even mentioning it.

I would sell mine for 24.5k. The interior is cracking in places but it is still totally usable. Total Sign from this board said he could help re do interior in a few months if interested. I love the boat but with the baby on the way I could do better things with the money. As I'm sitting here typing this I am starting to have second thoughts about even mentioning it.

I'd be interested in yours for a few thousand less. I saw a few 03-05 X-2's and a couple early X-1's last year for similar money (they are the continued hull from your boat when Mastercraft updated the X-Star). Nothing local, as there usually isn't, but I'm expecting to travel. Almost all of the locals I saw last year were Malibus with owners wanting crack head money for them.

If you end up wanting to drop the price some, I may be game. There isn't much on the market right now in general, but it will start booming in April (it did last year). I will likely end up in a 23' 05-07 Centurion, as those were going for some very reasonable prices last year for clean, lower hour boats. I also saw a few jaw dropping deals in the Cinncy and northern Kentucky area last year too on some other brands.

I'd be interested in yours for a few thousand less. I saw a few 03-05 X-2's and a couple early X-1's last year for similar money (they are the continued hull from your boat when Mastercraft updated the X-Star). Nothing local, as there usually isn't, but I'm expecting to travel. Almost all of the locals I saw last year were Malibus with owners wanting crack head money for them.

If you end up wanting to drop the price some, I may be game. There isn't much on the market right now in general, but it will start booming in April (it did last year). I will likely end up in a 23' 05-07 Centurion, as those were going for some very reasonable prices last year for clean, lower hour boats. I also saw a few jaw dropping deals in the Cinncy and northern Kentucky area last year too on some other brands.

in all honesty I am not that interested in getting rid of mine. I would only even consider it at the price I listed. Now is the time to buy. when I got mine I got lucky and bought it cheaper than all the others I looked at because of the interior. Come June, you won't fine one like mine for under 26k. Most of tue ones I saw were across country and 28k and over. Malibus and people around here are nuts and things sell fast. That's why I had to go to Texas to get mine. If you move quick enough I imagine you can find a centurion or moomba that is newer and with a great price. I looked for two years before I bought a boat and at one time new all the detail about most of them. After a year or looking I decided I would only buy an X-star or x1. I couldn't be happier with my boat. Good luck with buying one. Move fast if you wanna save a few thousand!

I've driven/riden a MC, Tige, Malibu, and Nautique and MC is most definitely the way to go.

And the x-star is obviously the top of the line, but there are some definite trading points between an older x-star vs a newer x whatever.

not mine but i think this is what your looking for.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/boa/2189675146.html

Overpriced. I watched a nearly identical Supra go for under 22k last year. It is in the league of what I am looking for and I would consider it for a lot less money.

Now is the time to buy. when I got mine I got lucky and bought it cheaper than all the others I looked at because of the interior. Come June, you won't fine one like mine for under 26k. Most of tue ones I saw were across country and 28k and over. Malibus and people around here are nuts and things sell fast. That's why I had to go to Texas to get mine. If you move quick enough I imagine you can find a centurion or moomba that is newer and with a great price. I looked for two years before I bought a boat and at one time new all the detail about most of them. After a year or looking I decided I would only buy an X-star or x1. I couldn't be happier with my boat. Good luck with buying one. Move fast if you wanna save a few thousand!

I disagree with now being the best time - the selection now isn't all that. I watched pretty much all of last year, and around August / September were when I saw the best prices. Saw a few in the fall that were good too - once winter hit, zero deals.

I also found people generally want too much for Moombas, even through they are basically a discounted Supra.

How about someone just give me a Mastercraft X55 and we can call it a day. :)

• 2 weeks later...
More boats coming on the market now. Saw some decent deals so far...people aren't paying the prices they were last year. At this point I think I should be able to find what I want for around 20k once a good chunk of boats hit the market next month. I have seen a pile of boats hit in just the last week. :).

• 4 weeks later...

T T T, anyone see anything recently? I was the high bidder on a mint, low hour, loaded 2003 Tige 22V, but I didn't hit the reserve at 21k. :(

I also looked at a 2003 Malibu Wakesetter 21' locally. Had the base tower but all other options including upgraded Ballast system. 600 hours but seemed well maintained, interior was near mint, had the Wetsounds tower speakers. Guy was 5 minutes away, wanting 25k firm. I liked the boat but we decided for now we don't want to exceed 21-22k. If we can't find anything latter, then we may up the budget back to 25k.