columbus n00b

c. waldrop

hey guys

definately new to the bike scene. ive always wanted a bike that i didnt have to pedal.

ive been torn between cruiser or sportbike (leaning more towards sportbike) and mr bret agrees.

i dont currently have a bike (other than my huffy) so some advice and tips on what to get would be great.

thanks in advance.

if its your first bike, an sv650 or ninja 500 would be nice. newer svs are FI, which is nice. carbs are a pain in the bottom. and at that price, you could find a nice one. if you try and get a 600 supersport, youre going to be going back a few years to find one in that price range. and a 600 sportbike isnt really a beginner bike anywho.

I like 'em both, depends on how you want to ride... Cruise an easy chair at 80mph through the countryside or rip up asphalt on a land rocket? Ride cross country, or just terrorize the neighborhood?

Either way, I would recommend your first bike be light, under 600cc, and cheap. That way it is easy to handle, not too much power, and less tragic when you lay it down the first time...

Welcome! :)