If you are thinking about getting the Thunderbolt...

V8 Beast

Anyone running Das BAMF Sense 3.0 RC 4.9? I'm thinking of switching it up and trying it out, also is it the 3D Sense 3.0? I wanna make my girlfriend jealous and have the pseudo-3D features because she's got Sprint and wants the EVO 3D haha.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone running Das BAMF Sense 3.0 RC 4.9? I'm thinking of switching it up and trying it out, also is it the 3D Sense 3.0? I wanna make my girlfriend jealous and have the pseudo-3D features because she's got Sprint and wants the EVO 3D haha.

I have been on Sense3.0, from the day it was released on T-Bolt. I have had a few random reboots on 4.9, but nothing major.

I have not tried 3D Sense 3.0

I just installed it today and I might uninstall. It looks nice but I am having issues scrolling and typing with my finger. I didn't have this issue in BAMF remix. I just wish they would fix the damn MMS issue in BAMF stripped because that is my favorite.

Also FYI I found out an app boot manager that lets you dual boot up to 4 roms off your SD card. I am having issues with it though. It costs $2.99.

I just installed it today and I might uninstall. It looks nice but I am having issues scrolling and typing with my finger. I didn't have this issue in BAMF remix. I just wish they would fix the damn MMS issue in BAMF stripped because that is my favorite.

Also FYI I found out an app boot manager that lets you dual boot up to 4 roms off your SD card. I am having issues with it though. It costs $2.99.

Yeah I heard about that too, my only worry would be insufficient wiping between ROMs. Also what's the MMS issue with stripped? I was thinking of giving that a try too.

Yeah I heard about that too, my only worry would be insufficient wiping between ROMs. Also what's the MMS issue with stripped? I was thinking of giving that a try too.

Every time it loads a rom you are dual booting you have an option to wipe data and cache before. So that isn't a problem.

The MMS issue is simple. If you send or receive a picture it fails every time. You can retry until your battery dies but it still fails. That is the only issue i've found. The battery life is so much fracking better though since all the bloatware and sense is removed. If the MMS was fixed it would be my daily driver.

Every time it loads a rom you are dual booting you have an option to wipe data and cache before. So that isn't a problem.

The MMS issue is simple. If you send or receive a picture it fails every time. You can retry until your battery dies but it still fails. That is the only issue i've found. The battery life is so much fracking better though since all the bloatware and sense is removed. If the MMS was fixed it would be my daily driver.

I know it wipes everything, but I alwqys wipe 3 times, that's where my worry is. And that's pretty annoying about stripped, have you looked at the new vanillabean ROM?

• 2 weeks later...

just picked this baby up. thx mainly to this thread. adios Droid 1.

had to wait for my upgrade date and in the end jumpstarted it by 4 days - thx to BestBuy for pushing it forward for me.

So before I commence rooting and rocking roms, whats this I recently read about some of the GB radio builds floating around out there bricking the phone? Something about some GB (possibly beta) builds when mixed with certain BAMF builds kills it?

So before I commence rooting and rocking roms, whats this I recently read about some of the GB radio builds floating around out there bricking the phone? Something about some GB (possibly beta) builds when mixed with certain BAMF builds kills it?

Ignore them. No longer happens. I've been on gingerbread since day 1 and no issues.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone see this?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/10/01/massive-security-vulnerability-in-htc-android-devices-evo-3d-4g-thunderbolt-others-exposes-phone-numbers-gps-sms-emails-addresses-much-more/

Looks like there is a new security flaw in the HTC Sense devices.

Anyone want to help me root my Thunderbolt?

-Rich

Has anyone see this?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/10/01/massive-security-vulnerability-in-htc-android-devices-evo-3d-4g-thunderbolt-others-exposes-phone-numbers-gps-sms-emails-addresses-much-more/

Looks like there is a new security flaw in the HTC Sense devices.

Anyone want to help me root my Thunderbolt?

-Rich

Ha, we have an app on the market that uses the internet permission. BRB haxxoring ur SMS'. I wouldn't freak out too much, it's still kind of worrisome though.

Sense...:dumb:

Ha, we have an app on the market that uses the internet permission. BRB haxxoring ur SMS'. I wouldn't freak out too much, it's still kind of worrisome though.

Sense...:dumb:

I'm not that freaked out. I don't download every "free" game out there.

It more so gives me a reason to actually root.

Throw phone in a paper bag full of a weeks worth of pewp and proceed to light said bag of pewp on fire and purchase iPhone 5. From then on worry no more my young padiwon.

umm do you remember 2 months ago when apple was made aware of their security flaw where it showed all the GPS information of where you had been.... yea iphone is totally secure.

umm do you remember 2 months ago when apple was made aware of their security flaw where it showed all the GPS information of where you had been.... yea iphone is totally secure.

I never heard anything about it so it must be secure!

I chose the Incredible 2 over the TB. Don't care much about 4G as the moment. I am running a MikMik rom by Root. It is GB 2.3.5 HTC Sense 3.5 and screams. Running at 1.3Ghz currently.

MikMik forums are quite organized and provide great roms. Here is the link for Thunderbolt development.

http://themikmik.com/forumdisplay.php?711-HTC-Thunderbolt

I was primarily a XDA forum user, but MikMik has definitely excelled in development for Android phones...

I chose the Incredible 2 over the TB. Don't care much about 4G as the moment. I am running a MikMik rom by Root. It is GB 2.3.5 HTC Sense 3.5 and screams. Running at 1.3Ghz currently.

MikMik forums are quite organized and provide great roms. Here is the link for Thunderbolt development.

http://themikmik.com/forumdisplay.php?711-HTC-Thunderbolt

I was primarily a XDA forum user, but MikMik has definitely excelled in development for Android phones...

Get that garbage off your phone. Chingy stole it from one of the BAMF developers (erishasnobattery).

Get that garbage off your phone. Chingy stole it from one of the BAMF developers (erishasnobattery).

Really?

BAMF has no HTC Sense 3.5 ROMs for the Dinc2. Only 3.0.

I was running Skyraider's ROM, but as soon as I ran this HTC 3.5 I never went back.

This is the only Sense 3.5 available for the Dinc2 and it is getting 100% Dev backing...