If you are thinking about getting the Thunderbolt...

V8 Beast

I need some serious help lol. I had the phone rooted last night. This morning I was getting ready to load a ROM and forgot to put the new PG05IMG on the SD card before I went into recovery and started wiping everything. I rebooted the phone, and no longer had root. So I did a factory reboot and tried to run the boot program again. I used this one, and not the 2.1...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/thunderbolt-hacks/141936-auto-root-unroot-htc-thunderbolt.html

I used that to root both times. Now I have the superuser app, and ROM manager seems to recognize root sometimes, but not others. And when I tried to boot into recovery I got a screen with a phone and a red triangle with an exclamation mark. I thought for damn sure I bricked my phone, but thankfully I didn't lol. Help a noob out.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has clockworkmod recovery on it. I hadn't flashed it the second time I rooted, is that why I got the creepy death screen?

Edit: sometimes when I do things in ROM manager I get the message an error occurred while trying to run privileged commands...that would lead me to believe its not rooted.

It has clockworkmod recovery on it. I hadn't flashed it the second time I rooted, is that why I got the creepy death screen?

Yeah, the screen you saw is the factory recovery screen.

http://h6.abload.de/img/20100829_004w6fq.jpg

Weird though, usually the logo looks like this:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0pNdYXZMRi__SXAyCAb6l5wncTq0CobnX5FM3lADayy2uUIY0Rw

But still when I go to fix permissions in rom manager I still get the error trying to run privileged commands thing. I downloaded root checker and busybox and they say I have root. I really want to flash sad bamf 2.0 but now I'm scared shitless to lol.

Yeah I have no idea now. ROM manager seems to be working perfectly now, did a full backup and reboot, successfully did "fix permissions" and rebooted. Everything seems fine, but when I go into root checker and do an advanced root check it says...

Detailed Results:

Congratulations! You have root access!

Standard su binary location:

/system/bin/su:No such file or directory

Alternate su binary location:

/sbin/su: Permission denied

Root user id:

uid=0(root)

Root group id:

gid=0(root)

Wtf does that mean? Anyone wanna make $20 and just do this shit for me? Haha

Alternate su being "permission denied" is ok

Do you have root explorer or something like that? Go into system/bin and see if you see su in there

No, it is not. It goes stop, surfaceflinger, svc. And I did try to redo the root from the last step. It said complete and everything.

Okay, now root check says...

Congratulations! You have root access!

And skips straight to alternate su binary location: permission denied.

So does this mean I'm good to go as far as root goes? Can I bow before the majesty of cred?

Alright, gotta bug you guys again hahaha. I wanna flash das bamf 2.0. From my understanding I put it on my SD card and use clockworkmod recovery to flash it, correct? Does das bamf 2.0 include the mr2 radio, or do I need to flash that as well? If so, how do I do that along with flashing the ROM?