Chinese Restaurants recommendations

PRD2BDF

Does anyone knows of good quality Chinese places to eat?

I've been to the Golden Dragon on Morse Rd. It was awesome then the quality of the chicken went down and didn't sit well with me. I've eaten at Molly Woo's over at Easton. Nice but too extreme "bistro" for me and the prices are outrageous. I've eaten at Tai's on Lane Rd near the OSU campus. Nice appetizers but the entrees leaves a lot to be desired. I frequent Mark Pi Express since it's the only Chinese place in Lancaster.

Any suggestions for around Columbus?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Asian Gourmet on 23 is quality all around. Sunflower is a good spot in Dublin, and I believe they sometimes serve dim-sum. Golden Valley on Sunbury Rd has excellent General Tso's. If you are in the Gahanna area Chi Tai has some a good mixture of asian styles, and some very tasty Yellow Curry Beef.

Asian Gourmet on 23 is quality all around. Sunflower is a good spot in Dublin, and I believe they sometimes serve dim-sum. Golden Valley on Sunbury Rd has excellent General Tso's. If you are in the Gahanna area Chi Tai has some a good mixture of asian styles, and some very tasty Yellow Curry Beef.

ive been there 2 or 3 times and always get the yellow curry chicken...sooooo good. a little pricey, but then again when i go for chinese, its for cheap fast food. lol

I love wonton soup, spring rolls, eggrolls, and sweet 'n' sour chicken. I used to like General Tso's but lately, I've been eating a rash of dark meat in General Tso's and I do not like dark meat at all. Sweet 'n' Sour chicken always has been very consistent everywhere, always white meat.

How do they make it? There is a place close to my house that uses the gravy from Egg Foo Yung. It's not right at all.

That sounds gross. It's definitely on the sweeter side, rather than spicier. I always ask for extra spicy to make up for that. Sauce is light for Tso's, and not overpowering. When they get it perfect(which sometimes they do, sometimes they don't), there is a light crispy texture. Breading is minimal compared to how most places prepare it.

Fuck you guys. Now I'm hungry.

That sounds gross. It's definitely on the sweeter side, rather than spicier. I always ask for extra spicy to make up for that. Sauce is light for Tso's, and not overpowering. When they get it perfect(which sometimes they do, sometimes they don't), there is a light crispy texture. Breading is minimal compared to how most places prepare it.

Fuck you guys. Now I'm hungry.

It is gross. But, that sounds pretty damn good. I may have to hit the buffet tomorrow.

...there's one around Bether that's really good and fairly authentic, Panda Inn or something like that.

Yup, it's in the Bethel Center across from BW's.

Places my Chinese coworker recommends around here, I've been to most of them too.

Panda Inn. I've also been there a couple of times and like it very much. It seems authentic and they have lots of seafood based dishes.

General Tso's on Godown just north of Bethel, very close to Panda Inn. I've been there a few times and did not like it, but everyone else I've talked to likes it so maybe we just got bad dishes there.

Imperial Garden, near Columbus Gold, in the same strip mall as the BMV and Fats. Never been but it's supposed to be really good, they are supposed to have a good buffet, but only during certain times. So it's not one of these places that is a buffet, but a restaurant that sometimes has a buffet.

New Chopsticks, near Swamill & 161, South-East corner back in one of the strip malls. Maybe the best pad Thai I've ever had! And I get pad thai just about every I can the first time I go somewhere. Very good prices, don't be fooled by it's chinese fast-food vibe and prices. The food is excellent here.