My New Carry Piece

CleaveTheGreat

Nice piece dude.

gm1205_2.jpgKahr engineers dispensed with rollmarks and lightening grooves in favor of simple marking and beveling.

gm1205_3.jpgThe CW9 front sight is staked in place, compared to dovetailed and drift-adjustable P9.

gm1205_4.jpgThe front and rear sights are bar-dot, with rear angle-cut so you can see more of the target.

Nice.

I wish I was stable enough to carry. I have no record and could easily get the permit, but I'd end up shooting someone if I got in a position where things got heated. Fug that, it's not worth. I'd rather just throw punches if I had to.

With that said, I want a gun BAD for home and target, but I will never get my carry permit cuz I'm crazy.:(

Nice.

I wish I was stable enough to carry. I have no record and could easily get the permit, but I'd end up shooting someone if I got in a position where things got heated. Fug that, it's not worth. I'd rather just throw punches if I had to.

With that said, I want a gun BAD for home and target, but I will never get my carry permit cuz I'm crazy.:(

I'm right there with ya.

Nice.

You'd be surprised how carrying a gun actually affects your behavior. My temper has been curbed quite a bit since getting my permit. Also' date=' carrying a gun makes you wonder who else is carrying. Short tempers are quickly defused when you look at it that way.[/quote']

+1000

I am a hateful bastard with little tolerance or sympathy for humanity in general. (I don't expect any back, either.) Now, I have never had much of a temper, more one of those types with a nearly infinite fuse sitting on a very, very large bomb... (I suppose I lack the inadequacies to become angered easily.) However, carrying firearms has made me even LESS aggressive and more likely to avoid situations where I might feel the need to use it.

If I am not carrying, I might goad some poor bastard into swinging on me if I am in the mood. I NEVER make aggressive motions if I am walking heavy though, because I know if I end up using it, it had better be squeaky clean.

It's an addiction and it's only the beginning. Now you'll have to get a revolver, which was my first gun. At least 9mm is cheaper to shoot although for defensive purposes, you'll want either 115gr +p hollowpoints or 124gr +p ammo. That's where the 9mm shines. My next gun will be a glock in .357sig, which is really a 9mm on steroids...

I was all hot and bothered over a Kahr .40 until I rented one at the gun range. Every time I pulled the trigger it droped the mag. I tried switching hands, switching grips, letting someone else try it etc but no matter what I did (or anyone else did) she kept dumping the mag. They are probably great, but it left a bad taste in my mouth considering I have put thousands of rounds through my glocks without changing a part. After this experience, I decided to go for a glock 27 to carry. Any stick is better than no stick in a fight though. :) I'm all for more armed citizens.

My wife and I went up to the local gs today to look for her first handgun. She walked right past the wheel guns like see didnt see them? looked at a walther 9mm, didnt like the thin grips. then looked at a xd, liked this one alot. She also looked at a pt140 milpro. didnt like it to much. looked at a sig 22lr kinda liked that one. went back looked at the xdm 9mm then the xd again. still liked the xd best. So for now looks like she is going with the xd as her first pick with the sig arms 22lr as her second.