HELP ME FUCK WITH A SCAMMER

nurkvinny

Someone swiped my 1989 Mustang pics, copied most of my ad, and is relisting a phantom 1990 Mustang using my pics.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/2288355817.html

Please watch CL for Mustangs using my pics and flag them. Maybe after 2 or 3 times, they'll pick some other car to scam.

THANKS!

Edited by nurkvinny

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to this becoming one of those epic ownage threads.

I doubt it.

I deleted my real ad for now. I contacted the legal issues part of CL Support. I don't expect any replies.

I am sure the listed phone number is some throw away cell that some ghetto POS stole from someone.

Tell them you will gladly pay 2500 because it's just like the one your dad had!!!!. But he has to meet you friday @ sawmil.

This.

Or notify police maybe they will set up a sting who knows..

Or meet up with him in the mustang and bring plenty of friends.

Sweet, it's down!

I <3 CR.

This got me wondering. It takes several different people (from unique IPs) to flag an ad enough times for it to get removed.

How could I make myself appear like a different user a number of times so I could flag these ads enough by myself to remove them? I have never lurnt myself proxy shit.

I <3 CR.

This got me wondering. It takes several different people (from unique IPs) to flag an ad enough times for it to get removed.

How could I make myself appear like a different user a number of times so I could flag these ads enough by myself to remove them? I have never lurnt myself proxy shit.

This is usually good for dicking with people:

http://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en

:ninja::ninja:

I posted on Facebook how much I fucking hate Craigslist. I've gotten nothing but shit emails since posting my Corvette up there last week.

Yep. This is my last sale on CL. I have always gotten the "please click this link to figure car insurance" and the other classic scams. But, they're getting a little smarter now about getting you to reply to them that first time so they have your e-mail.

Luckily, I have a unique e-mail just for selling shit on CL and never give out my number.

Having said that, I did just sell my motorcycle on CL just last week, so there are some decent, real buyers left out there. It's just not worth the time anymore.

Hell, I've seen as much scamming on Autotrader as on CL recently. And the last thing I listed on Autotrader got me nothing but people calling for the next 3 months wanting to help sell the car for me.

Yep. This is my last sale on CL. I have always gotten the "please click this link to figure car insurance" and the other classic scams. But, they're getting a little smarter now about getting you to reply to them that first time so they have your e-mail.

Luckily, I have a unique e-mail just for selling shit on CL and never give out my number.

Having said that, I did just sell my motorcycle on CL just last week, so there are some decent, real buyers left out there. It's just not worth the time anymore.

Hell, I've seen as much scamming on Autotrader as on CL recently. And the last thing I listed on Autotrader got me nothing but people calling for the next 3 months wanting to help sell the car for me.

yea i know what you mean. hell even half the people selling shit these days are scammers.

I had one guy try to sell a buddy of mine a 2007 ford f250. The pics he had were of the truck at a dealership that he claimed were the pics he took when he bought it new. Problem was, another friend of mine had bought that truck 2 weeks earlier lol.

Not to mention that i had tried to pick up a 4 bolt main block for my build before i sent the block i have off to the shop. i had found one on CL for $300 that was supposedly in great shape. Got ahold of the guy, told him i would be over the next day around 7 to pick it up. Guy says ok, just call when your on the way. I called, said i was on the way just to show up to said guys house and wait for an hour and have no one show up. Guy called me back the next day and apologized and said i could come grab it that day.

Lets just say i showed up yet again an waited 20 minutes before leaving. Guy called me 2 hours later saying he was waiting at his house and wanted to know if i was going to come get it. I sent the guy a text (as he said this was ok in the AD), asking him to confirm the adress, but got no reply. How do i know this was a fucked up situation? The called and left me a message 2 days later and said a guy was already at his house to buy the block, but wanted to make sure i didnt want it first. The same ad was at the top of the list a week later...

this looks like someone trying to set up a robbery (or burglary / grand theft)

turn it over to police with the information you provided before someone gets hurt

+1

How many people have you had come look at the car? How many people have inquired about it VIA email? Did the person who bought the bike know anything about the Mustang going up for sale?